What is the color of the windshield frame?

klamathpro

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I need to touchup a spot on the windshield frame and I'd like to know what color flat black it is on a 1st gen. It's almost like a smoked flat black; a duplicolor code or something at autozone would be nice.

Also, would anyone know what color code is the flat black on the exhaust sideskirt, it looks almost the same?

OP
OP
K

klamathpro

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Come on, someone has to know. Hasn't anyone ever needed to touchup the area where the soft top connects to the frame on the RT/10?

goldcup

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you mean the trim piece inside (pillar moulding) I couldnt find anyone on the forum who knew.I've got a gen II so I don't know if it's the same as gen I.
I started with flat then went with satin and it seems to be between the two,I know I haven't given you an answer, or at best a 1/2 answer. :bonker:

RedLiner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Believe it or not, if you have a small scratch or scrap you can take a black marker and trace the scratch. Let dry, then wipe excess off with cloth. This will hide inperfections and avoid overspray with paint can. I have a GEN 1 that had some scrapes and this worked for me.

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I tried the marker, but it had too much shine compared to the flat "black" of the windshield frame.

OP
OP
K

klamathpro

Viper Owner
Reaction score
There has to be a good matching touchup paint. Not a spray can, just a brush touchup bottle.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmagnuss