You know what *****?

GotAViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Having brand new 19" CCW 505A wheels/tires sitting in my garage still in the box! :curse:

I wanted to lower it and put new rotors and pads on before i slap the new wheels on. However, I am completely slacking and find myself "peaking" into the boxes and drooling too much rather then doing something about getting them on.

Question:

when you lower the car you must get it aligned right? should you do that right away? or let the springs sit for a while before aligning? I did not want to put the new wheels on and have the tires wear wrong from lack of alignment after lowering.

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Question:

when you lower the car you must get it aligned right? should you do that right away? or let the springs sit for a while before aligning? I did not want to put the new wheels on and have the tires wear wrong from lack of alignment after lowering.

It depends on how you lower the car. Are you changing springs?

OP
OP
G

GotAViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Question:

yes, used eibach springs.

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Question:

yes, used eibach springs.

You should be good to align immediately then.....from the Eibach web-site:

Q. When Eibach suspension springs are fitted, will the car sit at the correct ride height or will it need time to settle?

A. All Eibach suspension coils are pre-set to eliminate settling and increase life expectancy. Some minimal settling may occur as the new spring mates up to an existing rubber suspension isolator, this is normal, but is not the same as a poorly produced spring which may take a set and effect the ride height, handling and alignment of the vehicle.

You're in good shape since a) the springs are pre-settled, and b) they're used, so they've had weight on them before.

OP
OP
G

GotAViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
awesome thanks kelly!

I am waiting on a current member to switch out his springs and send them too me soon, so hopefully i can get these wheels on soon!

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No problem. Can't wait to see it. You should bring 'er out to the Dulles Car Show that happens every Friday night. There's usually a handful of Vipers there....the more the merrier. We need to show all those damn 350Z's who's the boss. ;)

OP
OP
G

GotAViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No problem. Can't wait to see it. You should bring 'er out to the Dulles Car Show that happens every Friday night. There's usually a handful of Vipers there....the more the merrier. We need to show all those damn 350Z's who's the boss. ;)

i was not aware of this dulles car show every friday???

All i know of is the burger king in manassas that all the older muscle cars go to saturday afternoon.

whats this dulles thing about? mainly imports?

Reaction score
Thank you Vipermad, as I have your forwarded copy for his, ahem, resume, I thought I might just clean up all his comments here, hope you approve.
Lee

I have quoted your reply and forwarded to Lee. You are far more abusive than any one person here. You need to go!

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
2001 RT/10 Saffhire blue black int .NO MODs

Um, who's ********?

I have quoted your reply and forwarded to Lee. You are far more abusive than any one person here. You need to go!

When I think how much it took for BackNBlack to get booted, I cannot fathom why the above post, inane as it it, would warrant banning. But, whatever.

Reaction score
When I think how much it took for BackNBlack to get booted, I cannot fathom why the above post, inane as it it, would warrant banning. But, whatever.

CM.....it is but one of MANY, MANY, MANY posts that basically show his true colors.

Thanks.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Back on topic. If you reinstall the shocks properly there is no settling. That requires the car to be sitting at ride height (with normal weight fully on the suspension) when the shocks are tightened. If you tighten with the suspension hanging it will be a long time for it to completely relax.

In other words do it right and you can align it immediately. Do it wrong and you may end up needing an new alignment every once in a while until it is fully settled.

trainville

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
An alignment is cheap insurance compared to the price of new tires! I'd get them aligned right away. Mine had Eibach's installed just before I bought it and I ASSUMED it had been aligned. The rear camber was off so bad, the life of my tires were VERY short.

I'd think twice about lowering another Viper. There are tons of opinions on this board. But for example, while at VOI 9 I sheared off 2 side sill screws on the speed bumps at the Venetian. Even creaping over them at 45 degrees (like I always do)!!! It has become too big a PITA - I'd return it to stock height if I could. I know, I know, they look bitchin' when lowered though.

I could break in those wheels if you need........free of charge. :D

ViperJames

Enthusiast
Reaction score

CM.....it is but one of MANY, MANY, MANY posts that basically show his true colors.

Thanks.

I really didn't think anyone actually took him seriously.....I read his posts and find my self hysterical...it is great for entertainment value.....

Reaction score
trainville has a good point. There are many times I just don't drive the car because I either KNOW I can't get over some speed bump or in some driveway...or I have no clue what awaits me there.

Having said that.....the cars look and ride so much better with the Eibachs. :)

Tom Sessions did mine in 02.....and an alignment (better safe than sorry). :)

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
***, kettle, black. I may not be a Viper veteran, but at least I make an effort to be a contributing member to this "community" and to the threads I post in...You on the other hand...well, this thread is a perfect example. Your MO is to come in and say some dumb crap that makes NO sense, most of the time is derogatory, and has nothing to do with the topic at hand. My 7 year old son has better grammar than you, and at least he has the common courtesy taught him by his mother that if he has nothing nice to say, he keeps his mouth shut. You could learn a few things from him. Please return to the '******** section' with which you seem to be so well versed.

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score

All i know of is the burger king in manassas that all the older muscle cars go to saturday afternoon.

It's a great "all cars" show. Back when it started, it was a classic car cruise-in, but it got such great attendance that now in addition to the classics, there are some beautiful Vettes, Vipers, exotics (We've seen Ferrari, Lambo, Aston, Bentley), and the usual imports that tend to show up later and stay after most of the crowd has gone.

It takes place Friday at the Chik-Fil-A by Lowes right behind the Dulles Town Center off Rt. 28.

Ken Lally

Viper Owner
Reaction score

It's a great "all cars" show. Back when it started, it was a classic car cruise-in, but it got such great attendance that now in addition to the classics, there are some beautiful Vettes, Vipers, exotics (We've seen Ferrari, Lambo, Aston, Bentley), and the usual imports that tend to show up later and stay after most of the crowd has gone.

It takes place Friday at the Chik-Fil-A by Lowes right behind the Dulles Town Center off Rt. 28.

Kelly, you should prob mention that this season is pretty much over, you dont want him driving out for nothing :D

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Kelly, you should prob mention that this season is pretty much over, you dont want him driving out for nothing :D

Hey Ken!
True. If I remember, last year, it really ended near the end of October / mid-November when it was just too cold to hang out outside in the evening. There's probably a handful of Fridays left and that'll be it for the season.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave