Is this a good price on a 99 GTS??

crazyspeed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Car for sale locally has 12k miles and drives like a dream. It's red with silver stripes. The interior is in marvelous condition. Price is 48K.
The wheels have no rash and are very nice.
There is a $5k stereo with a custom fit kicker box in the back, the black plastic surround on the rear speakers has a Viper logo embossed. The Clarion head unit has a flip-out screen which pops up. I think you can watch DVDs on it too. On the roof near the back window is an antenna for Sirius.
Upon close inspection, I have found what looks like a masking seam just inside the driver door jamb, ..as if the left rear 1/4 was repainted...and they didn't want to replace the black rivets or mask around them. This masking paint ridge is not evident on the other door jamb .The paint on the driver rear quarter is excellent.
The rear hood hinge(near the firewall) on the driver side has 6 to 7 body shims....this is not evident on the pass side hinge.
The fitment on the left side on the hood has a 3/4 inch gap from the bumper...this is not evident on the pass side.
The dealer is very reputable and the Carfax is clean..with 2 previous owners.
...again..the car drives wonderfully and looks fantastic ( except for that ugly hood gap in frontnear the bumper)

OP
OP
C

crazyspeed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh...it's also got a v nice a/mkt exhaust and K&N filters and intake ( black plastic intake tubes with K&N embossed on the tubes).
I really don't care for loud exhausts and non-factory intakes....but the exhaust isn't too loud.
I really don't care for $5k sound systems...I don't listen to music when I'm driving and the rear speaker box uses up limited rear storage. I feel that this is kinda ricer stuff...but the dealer said he'd put the stock exhaust back on for no charge.

OP
OP
C

crazyspeed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nuther update ... I was inspecting the silver stripes...I couldn't tell if they are painted or vinyl. The edges seemed to me a little crude...but maybe that's factory? Looks great from 10 feet away...but up close...doesn't knock me out with 'clear coat smoothness'

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Compare to this 99 my local dealer just got in:

ategory: New/Pre-Owned GTS's
Subcategories: '99 GTS
Price 48500.00
Year 1999
Model GTS Coupe
Mileage 3600
Exterior Color red
Interior Color Black leather
Accessories Trunk-mounted CD player
For Sale By VCA Member Dealer
Description
This is a extremely nice 99 GTS. The car has had some upgrades, which inclued the following; Borla exhaust, Eradispeed rotors, MGW short throw shifter, 6 disc factory CD player, and we have all the books and keys. The car has on 3600 miles on it, and we can add the factory max care warranty to this car. As always trades welcome, financing available, and we can deliver this car in our own enclosed trailer. Call toll free 877-755-1751 ask for sales or email with questions.
Contact Information
Ringgold, Ga 30736
usa
Telephone: 877-755-1751

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd feel alot better about buying the one from Mike at Ringgold! :2tu:

Contact a VCA reccommended dealer and see what they have. We have some great ones here!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456