Is this normal for a 99 GTS with 12k miles?

crazyspeed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Upon close inspection, I have found what looks like a masking seam just inside the driver door jamb, ..as if the left rear 1/4 was repainted...and they didn't want to replace the black rivets or mask around them. This masking paint ridge is not evident on the other door jamb .The paint on the driver rear quarter is excellent.
The rear hood hinge(near the firewall) on the driver side has 6 to 7 body shims....this is not evident on the pass side hinge.
The fitment on the left side on the hood has a 3/4 inch gap from the bumper...this is not evident on the pass side.
The dealer is very reputable and the Carfax is clean..with 2 previous owners.
...again..the car drives wonderfully and looks fantastic ( except for that ugly hood gap ...can the hood be adjusted?
Also, is there a way to tell if the car originally came with the stripes? is the any build data on the vehicle? TIA Tony

OP
OP
C

crazyspeed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, no pics but the vin is 1B3ER69E9XV502968. I'm thinking that perhaps it's not unusual to have a lot of shims on one rear latch only? :rolleyes:

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can't go by symetry on the shims, I have different numbers in different places on my car also