Sidesill protection?

obaa996

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm about to get my sidesills refinished, and want to add some protection to them so they don't get so beatup again. I'm mostly concerned with bottoming out/scraping the sills. Are there any good products to do this?
I seem to remember Valaya Racing had a ad for something to do this. Does this sound familiar to anyone? Does it work?
The other thought I had was to get some side splitters; some thick cf ones like the ones on the comp coupe. I suspect those can handle a lot of abuse.
Any other suggestions?

On a side note, I'm thinking that I might get the sills JetHot coated after the dings are repaired, but before painting. Think I can loose the sill insulation if I do this?

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe there are metal "pieces" that go under the side sills for this. Other than that, for the rock chips, I would say to clear bra the sills.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On a side note, I'm thinking that I might get the sills JetHot coated after the dings are repaired, but before painting. Think I can loose the sill insulation if I do this?

I'm not sure you can loose the insulation but I would definitely prep the insides with something. I used silver hi-temp paint and that has lasted about 60,000 miles, but it is now starting to darken above the cat.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: And what would be the year and model of your fine machine???

What pics? It's a side sill. You jet coat the inside and paint the outside. What does anyone need pics for?