Help with a diminished value claim

jimster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Someone backed into my 2000 RT and necessitating a new bumper and tailight. I'm fling a DV claim with State Farm and I need some help since I'm unfamiliar with the process. What documentation do I need to provide and how do I keep from getting screwed?

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Someone recently had a post about this issue with their car and their insurance company.

Jon at Parts Rack was a tremendous help to him. There was someone else that had a hand in it but I can't remember who it was (sorry).

EllowViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Give Barrett Smith a call at 813.681.3734 (Brandon Paint and Body) here in the greater Tampa area. He specializes in DV stuff and would be worth a call. Just let him know the guy wiith the yellow Viper recommended him.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Get more than one diminished value letter from different sources.

When you get the damage appraised demand all new for everything. I mean everything. Even if it is just a scuffed bumper cover.

Check the trunk tub. It is often overlooked. Get in there with a flashlight and check every inch of it. It could very easily cracked and a new one is north of 6K.

Get an alignment included on the claim.

These are legit issues and if there is something wrong that you didn't notice until after filing then you are screwed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets