How much is a side sill cover?

crazyspeed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Car on eBay says pass side exhaust damage on a 95 RT -10 . The used car dealer in N.J. claims it's a simple bodyshop job... but to his credit..he claims he doesn't know for sure...... :eek:

BDZ1984

Enthusiast
Reaction score
can check tomorrow at my shop but Im thinking closer to 5k a side... you can find used ones for around 1k

PittsburghRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chuck Tator told me the 1992-1995 sidepipe covers are no longer avail. You might be able to get a good deal on a used one, but watch out for corrosion.

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GEN1 sills are WAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY cheaper than GEN2 sills. That price is right or fairly close

I talked to Chuck 2 months ago and there were still like 5 of one side and 10 of the other side in stock and available from Dodge.......guess someone speculated.......can you say severe price increase?

On the old sills they can be rebuilt. The rivets are removed and replaced with aluminum ones (the originial rivets were part of the corrosion problem).
Chuck Tator has a body shop near him that did all of his warranty fixes on the old side pipe sills.

PittsburghRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have two brand new sidesills that I bought from another VCA member who got them through Chrysler from a claim he filed. The new sidesills are slightly updated compared to the originals on my 94. The insulation is glued in instead of using rivets (no rivet holes). The sidesills also came with a bag of aluminum screws for mounting rather than steel like the factory originally used. I will be putting the new sills on after I install my Roe exhaust system.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456