Well, its been decided. Cuda is outta here

BarryBum

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys, been a while since I have posted here.....been visiting often though, and keeping up with what all is going on.
I have decided to sell the Cuda and look for another machine to keep my mind occupied. Probably going to end up selling my Corvette too.
I am not going to "officially" announce that I am back in the Viper market quite yet, but it may be close..............
My question to the bunch is this. Have you ever gotten just completely burned out on a car? The reason being one of many things. Worrying about it too much, worrying about getting it "dirty" if you drive it. Or just plain old lost interest and wanting to go in a different direction altogether.
I have found myself just not being motivated with the Cuda enough to even drive it. I bet the thing has not even been out of the shop a half dozen times all summer, so I think its time to let it go.
Wish me luck.........
:2tu:

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sure. I had a kit Cobra for 13 years and sort of got to the end of the road with it. Started all over when I sold it to get the Viper. Guess I still have 5 years to go with it...

hemibeep

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Barry,
Yes, burned out on a car. Had a 68 Dart GTS vert' was my first car. Had it around 12 years. 3 restorations. Did the show car thing. Then became so paranoid about something happening to it, stopped driving it completely. Got rid of it and got two roadrunners. Sold 1 and kept the current one.
I promised myself to drive the car and stop the worries. Never once entered in a show, and took away most of the pressure. I still go to car shows with it and do "display only". I can leave early, not polish the lugnuts...etc.

With the current Roadrunner and Viper. Both to the track. Both driven hard, on occasion, and drive the Viper to work. Just enjoy them both.

Big change was forgetting about the Judged car show thing.

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BarryBum - I had a numbers matching '69 Charger R/T SE that I restored. It was a show car and I ended up never driving it because of worries that something might happen to it. It became like owning a life-sized model of a car; the car just sat in the garage under a cover and went out to the occasional club cruise or car show. I sold it to buy the Viper and never looked back. In fact, I had a '68 Charger that I sold after I bought the Viper for the same reason - it never got driven. Bottom line is that cars are designed to be driven not sit in a garage. If you're not having fun with the car it's probably time to sell it.

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This also reminds me of a Ford "Glasstop" a friend of mine had. It was a 50's (?) large Ford that had an early version of a sunroof - a fixed green glass roof from door to door, not just inserted into a hole cut into the roof.

He restored, showed it, but became so afraid that he ended up not even letting the Franklin Mint guys use it for a model they wanted to make. He finally sold it because it made him so nervous to have it. Hard to believe the car became the opposite of fun.

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Toms, that's a Crown Victoria with the glass roof....regular Victorias had steel.

I have a '72 Plymouth that is a family heiloom. It means the world to me, but is not that valueable. Still, after the restoration this car got...I'm done driving it. It's just no fun. Someone asked me what I would do if someone collided with the Plymouth on the road...I figure I'll serve 10 to 20.

I drive my GTS as often as I can and have a blast.

yellowvipergts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I own two "older" Mopars:

1) '69 Dodge Coronet RT 440/4 speed - Numbers Match - Seafoam

2) '71 'Cuda 340 Billboard - Lemon Twist (wife's showcar).

Both are showroom quality and live exactly in my showroom nearly year-round. We have been to many shows and have won numerous trophies for each. However, sorry to say that I haven't put 100 miles on either of them in the past several years. When I bought my VIPER, these beautiful MOPARS took a back seat. I love and enjoy them all !!!!

:2tu:

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just a few years ago, a guy was routinely driving his 1 of 3 (?) car to local cruises. I can't remember exactly what it was...but I think it was some kind of late 50's early 60's Lincoln Continental convertible that wasn't a production line convertible.

He almost bristled :curse: as I told him one of the other MI VCA members who'd recognized the car the previous week was amazed the owner would drive it. Maybe he'd heard it too many times..

So there ya go

:bonker: