Interior dome light stays on

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just started happening tonight. When I get in car and start up,dome lights go out like they should. When I stop car and turn off,lights come on,as they should. But when I get out and hit alarm button to lock car,the interior lights stay on,even though the alarm is on and alarm light i flashing. I checked my switches and they are all in the positions they should be in. I tried searching and found nothing.Hope someone can help.

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had the same problem with my 2003. The only way I could turn off the dome lights on the mirror was to turn the dimmer switch all the way down to the off position. The problem went away after I had the dealer perform the headlight reflash on the body control module which was a national recall on the 2003 vipers. This was because the headlights and dash lights would flicker on and off. I put off the reflash for over 2 years until I started to have your problem.

Here is the info for the recall:

Recall 03V388000: Body Control Module Software Update

DEFECT: On certain passenger vehicles, the multifunction switch park lamp contacts may corrode. The multifunction switch parking light contacts could cause the head lights, parking lights, and/or instrument panel lamps to flicker or become inoperative. This could affect driver visibility, increasing the risk of a crash.

REMEDY: Dealers will reflash the software in the Body Control Module. The manufacturer has reported that owner notification is expected to begin during December 2003. Owners may contact DaimlerChrysler at 1-800-992-1997.

Robbie

Asp Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know this doesn't affect me, but I couldn't resist...
I don't understand how re-flashing the body module will prevent or correct the corrosion on the switch contacts.(???)

OP
OP
M

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I had heard of that recall, but figured since I have an 05' it wouldnt affect me. I guess anything is possible. Well it goes to dealer on Monday morning so I'll find out. For now im doing what Robbie did, and thats leave the switch in the "off" position.

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just got off the phone with a customer, John, that has a 2004 with the same problem too. I guess this problem affects more than just the 2003 vipers.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper