AB, Thanks for the FREE sparkplug wires

GTS02

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After reading on the VCA about the new sparkplug wires that were more heat resistant ,had a choice of colors and clipped rigt into the same retainers as OEM I ordered a set of red to match my valve covers & intake. My car only has a few thousand miles on it and is completly stock, so this would be my first
"upgrade".

I received my sparkplugs within 5 days and rushed out to my car to start pulling the stock wires out. I marked the location of each wire on the engine and started removing one at a time. As I was about to install my new great looking wires I found my self having trouble matching the printed numbers with the corresponding length. After getting a little frustrated I sent AB a pm. on the forum about my problem. It took no longer than 10 minutes and my cell phone was ringing and I was personally talking to the great AB. I explained my issue and not only did he offer me another set of wires to be sent right away but also included a new set of sparkplugs. And he spent time with me on the phone explaining the best way to change out those hard to reach plugs.

Again , shipping was pretty fast. I received a new set of wires and put them on my car ( some of those sparkplug locations are really hard to get to). The wires were just as advertised. They fit perfect and they really do make the engine bay look nice. But thats not the end of my story.

After driving my car for a day my trouble light came on and my car was running rough. I thought that maybe a wire fell off and I didn't get themto click on to the sparkplug or something. As I was checking my engine to make sure I had installed the wires properly. I noticed that the bootom of many of my new wires had melted at the boot and my spark had found a new way to be grounded.
Well needless to say I was very concerened, I contacted AB and again he called me back and I explained that my boots had melted. he said send me some PIC's so I can see if they are covered under warranty.

I sent AB the pic's and I also contacted Chuck Taylor( he always has helped me in the past with honest answers and great prices). after explaining my problem with Chuck, it was found that thou my car is stock and all the heat shields were in place I was missing all of the metal retainers that go around the sparkplugs to help with the high heat. I notified AB that it was a problem with my car and not his wires. AB told me to hold tight for a few days to wait and hear back from the mfg.

After a few days AB wrote me that becuase the retainers were not in place that there was no warranty. I felt a little disheartened that I was going through all this trouble with my car and my first set of wires.

After a few more days AB wrote to me that he would replace my wires ( again ) and only charge me the $10.00 shipping. I also had Chuck Taylor send me a set of plug heat retainer shields.

So now , thanks to my new freinds from the VCA I will have my Viper running smoooth again.

THANKS ADAM FOR YOUR PATIENTCE ,UNDERSTANDING, AND GREAT SERVICE :2tu:

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great story. AB is a good guy. I just ordered two sets for me and my neighbor.

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks eveyone...Even if it's not our fault on the wires, I will "stretch" the rules to make my customers happy. Your new set of wires are on the way and you should have them by Tuesday or Weds of next week. Glad we figured out what was wrong, but at the sametime, I know there are others out there that maybe missing the shields in their car and I have come up with a 1200 degree boot covers to protect the boots on the wires. It's not a neccessary option, but it's there if you need it.

You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
G

GTS02

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It seems that it would be easier to add the boot shields from AB than using the metal sparkplug shields that needs to be installed in the recess of the plug well. Also dirt and small pebbles won't get trapped in the sparkplug well waiting to fall inside the engine when the sparkplugs are removed.

AB , please send me a set of boot covers also, & let me know how to make payment.

ArlyDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For furure reference, it's Chuck Tator, not Taylor. Chuck Taylor makes shoes. haha

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave