RT - Driver's side window weatherstrip.

Erical

Enthusiast
Reaction score
RT - Driver\'s side window weatherstrip.

The vertical weatherstip at the rear of the drivers door window has failed.(A glued joint has come apart). This is the weartherstrip that forms the rear window channel.

Any BTDT on replacing this part??

Eric

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: RT - Driver\'s side window weatherstrip.

its called the drivers side stanchion i think. its expensive. call chuck tator he has the best price on it.

914-763-3136

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Second that one. Call Chuck at the number above. He will be able to give you the best price on it. I had my replaced a while back as well.

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You cannot just get a new seal, you have to replace the stanchion, if memory serves me, it is $494.00.

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You cannot just get a new seal, you have to replace the stanchion, if memory serves me, it is $494.00.

All most, but not that much!

GTS outer stanchions:
Right #ME74MX3AD MSRP $365.00
Left [DC always charges more for left side parts! Viper TAX? :curse: ] #ME75MX3AD MSRP $397.00

Less 20% VCA :cool:
914-763-3136

SEASNAKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I've had this happen three times on my RT. I adjusted the window stops last time and it still ripped through again - although it did hold for three years this time. I got tired of it and drilled another hole for one of the little black plastic fasteners above the glue line. I've seen another RT that where the owner had glued the entire inside vertical strip to the window piece after it had split and it didn't look to bad.

If you buy a new one, check the window stop when you get the new piece in and see if you adjust it down enough to not stress that joint.

Gerald Levin

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Not sure if this is the same problem that the 96's have but if it is, "Ron" of Indy had a great write up on how to fix the weatherstrip on 96's and the thread was titled, "96 GTS Window Weather Strip" in which he used a product called "Big Stretch" to repair his weatherstrip. Another stellar post by Ron. Not sure if this is your problem but it is an inexpensive fix and if you do a search you should be able to find this thread. I understand the search feature may be crippled so I have this as a pdf file if you want to look at it. When Ron speaks, I take notes.

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hey Chuck.....you stated GTS....same same or different for RTs

2 VENOMOUS

Viper Owner
Reaction score

super thin CA (cyanoacrylates), a form of super glue,

this penetrates and fuses together, did my drivers side 2yrs ago, you can find it at most hobby stores, a common one goes by ZAP, be carefull it travels, only a little will do and clean it first with alcohol.

george

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper