what rim and tire combo for Drag radials

rich v.

Viper Owner
Reaction score
i am looking to get a pair of either slicks or drag radials, and i can't seem to find any that are 18"? anyone out there running drag radials? what size wheels? who makes the tires?
thanks

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I run the BFG's.
I don't know of anyone here who runs the nitto's. A bunch of us here on the forum run the BFG's though. I love them, BUT don't even think about driving in the rain. Trust me lol

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would get a set of SSRs with BFGs. Lightweight, strong and you could drive around with them on the street as well and still look good.

Landman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I run the NITTO555 Drag Radial and love them. I faced the same thing you're facing now. After researching a little, I just put them on my HRE547's and run them all of the time. When they're up on tire pressure they take the turns great, are ZR speed rated, and are great in the rain. Oh, and I run 1.6 second 60 foot times in the 1/4 mile also with a lowered and very stiff car.

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I run the NITTO555 Drag Radial and love them. I faced the same thing you're facing now. After researching a little, I just put them on my HRE547's and run them all of the time. When they're up on tire pressure they take the turns great, are ZR speed rated, and are great in the rain. Oh, and I run 1.6 second 60 foot times in the 1/4 mile also with a lowered and very stiff car.
OOHHH i like what i'm hearing! I pull 1.50 60' times on the BFG's but they **** in the rain and i mean ****!! I might just try these bad boys! How much did you spend and where from?

AMong

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The BFG hook a little better for high HP apps, but the nittos have MUCH better street manners. agian - stray away from rain witht he bfg's , nittos - your ok.