Nail in Tire (Factory ZP tire)

KEast

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well 550 miles on the car and I get a Low Tire alert. I stop at the next gas station thinking this is probably a glitch, but just being safe. Sure enough driver rear tire was t 18PSI. Upon inspection I noticed a nail in the tire just at the very edge of the tread/sidewall.

I was looking at the tire warranty booklet and it looks like the tire is under a warranty that should fix this so I called my dealer here in town. They said they dont fix the viper tires, but it is under warranty just bring it in. Im kinda digging the service so far. Much different then other cars I have had. Even the tire change will be handled by the Viper tech.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just had a tire fixed on warranty last week (not a Viper). I believe you take it to an authorized Michelin tire store (Discount tire was where I have gone) and they fixed it for free.

knuk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
same happened to me and the warranty provided me with a brand new tire - mind you I had 6,000 miles on he tires so I bought a new one for the other sie. Actually worked out to be a ggod deal for me given the mileage/wear on the tires!

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From what Michelin has told me Run Flats are not supposed to be repaired which is why I installed the Non Run Flat Michelin tires. They handle much better, run smoother, and have a ton of grip. I got a nail in my right rear last friday and I bought the following kit from NAPA. It worked grreat and is the best tire plugging tool I have ever used. BTW, I was partners in a tire store for 15 years. This tool really works.

NAPA PART NUMBER 710-1028

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Liberty235