Upstate NY members, Christmas party?

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dan or Pat are you guys planing on a Christmas party? The reason I'm asking is, I've had a couple of phone calls from club members that are to far away from NY city to go to that party. If plans are in place, please post them up here! :cool:

Thanks!

ViperJames

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What did you have in mind Chuck? I was pesonally kind of hoping for a closer party....

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chuck, you're talking about Western, NY (Buffaloish) right?
Pat organized a holiday party up there last year and I'm hoping he'll do the same this year (and post it up).

For any interested, we've done Westchester holiday parties since the club was founded (although prior to 2 years ago, the holiday parties were held in February). We moved to the City this year for some variation (Rock Center Tree, easy public transportation access via Grand Central Terminal, easier for the Long Island members, parking being provided for Vipers with a partial street closing, etc.). We're acutely aware that we can't please everyone since the club's region stretches a good 300 miles. There's no attempt to geographically exclude anyone, but rather a desire to try to shift all our events around from year to year to allow more members to participate. Hopefully our upstate directors can put together another party like last year so that we can spread holiday cheer among all our region members.

OP
OP
V

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chuck, you're talking about Western, NY (Buffaloish) right?
Pat organized a holiday party up there last year and I'm hoping he'll do the same this year.

We're acutely aware that we can't please everyone since the club's region stretches a good 300 miles. There's no attempt to geographically exclude anyone, but rather a desire to try to shift all our events around from year to year to allow more members to participate.

We're hoping that Santa will bring us a means to accomodate everyone.

Yes that is what I mean! We need to post up here the details of the "Upstate" Christmas party for ALL NY/CT members to read!

Pat or Dan, post away!

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hello Chuck,

I will put in a call to pat tonight. As of this moment, there are no plans that I know of. This year has been very hit or miss, with myself and other members being totally out of the loop...plus a bad year for mishaps.

Maybe a christmas party could be a little uplifting for next year?

I'll post what I find out.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Dan any news on the party?

I talked it over with everyone today, and unfortunately it looks like we are going to pass on setting up an official Christmas party this year. Everyone, myself included, has a large number of commitments around the holidays or in general that prevent us from being able to put it together, or even attend in some cases.

However, we are looking into the possibility of setting up an "after holiday" dinner sometime in January, which will eliminate the scheduling conflicts. If interested, please keep an eye on this thread in the coming weeks, and PLEASE post here! Any type of a head count for us could be useful.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave