white rims on a B/W gts

jwbond

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I want my B/W gts to stick out a bit from the crowd (like it won't anyway!). I think white rims would look great on that color gts. I am having problems finding white rims that will fit the car.

Does anyone know where I can buy 18-19" rims that will be nice and wide so I can still put the power down? Also, how wide can you go w/ a 96 gts?

PS - I was told 19" wheels effect the handling. Does anyone disagree w/ this? If you DO agree with it, will 18's in the front and 19s in the back be better?

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They made the 96 rims in white which would look good ..
Seen them on a red/white srtiped viper coupe and looked great..

OP
OP
J

jwbond

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The 96 rims are only 17". I would like to be at 18" front 18-19" in the back.

Glad to hear they looked good on R/W gts though!

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Doh!! Forgot that bit......

If you now a good bodyshop or powder coaters you could get any wheel in white just a case of picking one that would look good and easy to clean..

OP
OP
J

jwbond

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I was thinking of that too. Maybe I'll grab a set of the gen3 wheels and paint them white.

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Duplicolor has that new water wash off "paint". You can do graphics, stripes, whatever and it washes off with water. You could try that on your wheels first to see how you like it, then just hose it off.

Rollin4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would get them powdercoated, especially if your are running brake pads the give off alot of brake dust. They would clean easier and last longer than painted wheels.

whitebluevipe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i have considered doing this on my 2002 fe. i even have a spare set for my 96 i might throw on. if i ever do i will take pictures.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I want my B/W gts to stick out a bit from the crowd (like it won't anyway!). I think white rims would look great on that color gts. I am having problems finding white rims that will fit the car.

Does anyone know where I can buy 18-19" rims that will be nice and wide so I can still put the power down? Also, how wide can you go w/ a 96 gts?

PS - I was told 19" wheels effect the handling. Does anyone disagree w/ this? If you DO agree with it, will 18's in the front and 19s in the back be better?

I agree that white rims are very classy looking on a white-striped car. Sony PlayStation agreed...and put a B/W + white-wheeled GTS on the COVER of Test Drive 5! But brake-dust is a BUGGER...

PartsRack has several White-center options for you.....including lightweight SILVER Copperhead 18-19 wheels that could EASILY be painted or powdercoated white. Under $2600 for the full set! We can also do Forgelines or HRE with white centers...

Reaction score
JonB's 96 GTS came with white rims when he bought it.

Rev

Posted for the honorable JonB (1st GTS out the door at CAAP, 6/8/96)

JonBDelivery.jpg

RevHeat

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If my memory serves me correctly, the 1996 GTS was the most expenive american car sold to that point in time. In addition, it was the fastest production american car at the time as well.

Rev

wastntim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
JonB's 96 GTS came with white rims when he bought it.

Rev

Posted for the honorable JonB (1st GTS out the door at CAAP, 6/8/96)

JonBDelivery.jpg

Yuk! I liked it in cocept form but actually seeing it has brought a new light to the issue. This combo would not be my first choice, or second. Of course, my opinion matters how?

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
....and then there are the elusive 1996 White / Blue Striped / white wheeled GTS cars. Steve

813IMG_0904.JPG

Elusive indeed: Only 3 were built, and 2 had white wheels. 1 had polished;
In fact, the white wheels allocated to that 3rd W/B GTS were put on my GTS, and the polished wheels allocated to mine were put on that car, whose owner wanted polished. Ah, the good-old-days. My hair now matches the wheels!

Steve 00RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Elusive indeed: Only 3 were built, and 2 had white wheels. 1 had polished;
In fact, the white wheels allocated to that 3rd W/B GTS were put on my GTS, and the polished wheels allocated to mine were put on that car, whose owner wanted polished.

I didn't know the part about your wheels, but the car in the picture is Sandys.
He's the one responsible for these cars having been made at all. As you probably know Jon, they were never intended to be. ....It's another inside story of the Viper saga.

Steve

OP
OP
J

jwbond

Viper Owner
Reaction score
thanks for the pics guys...Now I need to figure out which set of wheels to buy and white powder coat!

Asp Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmm. Maybe blue wheels on my B&W? After looking at the W&B with white wheels GTS, that combo looks so good, maybe the oposite would look good, too. Does anyone have a photo of that combo? (B&W with blue wheels)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dsalameh