Tea and Crumpets? Looking for Chicago Land Drive-by

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Curious if anyone in a 99-02 Gen 2 wanted to help a guy out. There seems to be a little ambiguity as to whether or not gen 2 rims will work on a gen 3 with the parking brake relocation kit. I have actually heard YES, but have also been told NO. So I was wondering is someone wouldnt mind running by to do a a quick check. I would just need to jack up the rear of the car for about 5 mins, to check fitment of one rear wheel on my car. I've only taken off gen 2 rims about a million times on my old ACR. So I know right where to jack, and even have all the tools to make it a quick and painless process.

As a thank you, there is a great bar right down the street, I'll buy ya lunch/dinner and a beer or two, and best of all you get to meet ME!! (ok, ok, thats probably not a really good selling point.. hows cash? :) )

Thanks for any help,

Jon

radta7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
sorry, Jon. Mine is in hibernation as of last week. It's now time for snowmobile season to start!!!

Mccarlin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
sorry, Jon. Mine is in hibernation as of last week. It's now time for snowmobile season to start!!!

Hibernation? It's suppose to be 50+ degrees the next 4 days :) I brought mine into work today :)

martyb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike,

I drove mine to work today also. We should try to see if anyone else wants to get together over the weekend. The blowers love this cold stuff, i was sideways half the way to work!!

Jon, where are you located? I have a Gen 1 but I have Gen2 17" wheels, don't know if that will help you or not.

martyb

Mccarlin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Marty,

Yes even my brand new Kuhmo V700's cant hold in this weather, scary stuff. This may be the last nice weekend for a while so im hoping to get some seat time in :)

martyb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you hear of any get togethers, let me know! Drive safe.

OP
OP
2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am in Lincoln Square, which is North side of Chicago.

And It needs to be gen 2 from 99-02, which are the 18s. I hear ACRs definitely work, but I dont want to have to buy a set of ACRs as beaters for chicago duty.

Let me know if anyone can help.

Jon

martyb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jon,

I have had the correct car, I would drive up and have a few cocktails with you, sorry I cannot help.

martyb

wastntim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have what you need. I might be able to help, I am in Orland Park, but I will be going to SVS on Friday at 10 for my shifter install. I might be able to meet up with you afterward.

Mccarlin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
any one going out for a ride this week end??????????????

What color viper do you have? Is it Yellow?

Ive seen a yellow GTS at lifetime fitness once in a while and sometimes i see a Red Gen I on algonquin rd. I live right over there :)

wastntim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have what you need. I might be able to help, I am in Orland Park, but I will be going to SVS on Friday at 10 for my shifter install. I might be able to meet up with you afterward.

cool deal. Definitely cool with Friday. Let me know.

Jon

You have a pm

Viper TT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
did you test fit a set yet? i have a set sitting in my garage if you still need to test them.

OP
OP
2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
did you test fit a set yet? i have a set sitting in my garage if you still need to test them.

Oh hey, never meant to leave ya hanging on this, yes we tested them, and the rears dont fit. So gen 2 99-02 stock GTS rims will NOT work on a brake relo kit gen 3.

I have a set of ACRS coming and I am praying its a perfect fit. But I'll know on Thursday/Friday of this week.

Jon

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper