VCA "Last Ram SRT-10" Raffle

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
VCA \"Last Ram SRT-10\" Raffle

The VCA has a unique Raffle going on.... for the last SRT-10 Ram off the line. Best of all, this raffle is "open to all" (tickets are limited to 2750).For a copy of the "Flyer", Click Here

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Re: VCA \"Last Ram SRT-10\" Raffle

Is this for an SRTRam or SRTRam QC? The details don't say, but
I thought the night runners were only single cabs.

Topawam

Viper Owner
Reaction score

2750 x $100 = 275,000. Are you kidding me?

I second that big time !!! :eek:
For a Viper, I do not mind, but for a Ram :crazy: Dont get me wrong, I love the truck, but come on, $100 is enough for a downpayment... :rolleyes:

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Looks like a BLACK QC. :(

I also like line item #17!

hahah If they only sell $100k worth of tickets (fat chance), the 50/50 winner would get $50k. Thats enough to go buy a SRT-10 Ram and have money left over! It wouldnt be the final Ram SRT-10 ever, but, I dont see the "last Ram SRT/10" ever commanding much of a premium anyway. Now if the Viper program was ending, you could sell millions of $$'s worth of tickets for the final Viper!

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

What a joke, these things are being discounted BIG time at the dealerships. They cant give away srt-10 Trucks. So add to it, that when you win you will have to pay TAXES on Sticker !! (which is about DOUBLE what they are actually getting dumped for) and you might as well buy one new, cuz the taxes are sure going to destroy any "winnings" on the truck, if you wanted to turn around and sell it.

Then you guys want 100 a ticket, come on. Plus you make the odds WORSE then the viper by selling 2750 of them. I predict this one to be a non sell out, and possibly a failure. This wasnt for giving us VCA priveledge, this was to ***** us. :(

Jon

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score

This raffle probably will be a sell out (although not to VCA members) because they've opened it up to the general public. I agree, $100 for this raffle is a joke. At $50 they'd have sold me a ticket, but $100 for a ticket for a Ram?!? No way. This is nothing but a money grab for the VCA.

SERPENT INDY

Enthusiast
Reaction score

...I bought my RAM SRT10 at a huge discount(net $31K), then the discounts got even bigger....Woodhouse dumped the last 150 or so at nearly $20K off MSRP....after the tax hit, there would still be a nice gain for the winner, but not enough to lose sleep over :laugh:

Catwood

Viper Owner
Reaction score

2750 x $100 = 275,000. Are you kidding me?

It's needed for the projected drop in membership dues next year.

Reaction score

This raffle probably will be a sell out (although not to VCA members) because they've opened it up to the general public. I agree, $100 for this raffle is a joke. At $50 they'd have sold me a ticket, but $100 for a ticket for a Ram?!? No way. This is nothing but a money grab for the VCA.

Well....I missed that bit of info! Just another instance of the VCA after the almighty dollar. Someone please tell me WHY the VCA is peddling this piece of crap here? Putting the letter V C A don't make it anything special.

This HAS to be the JOKE of all time. The truck is worth a fraction of the loot they'll pull in. I dub this hilarious fiasco "THE Viper Tax of ALL TIME"!

Hmmmm....do I spend $100 on a raffle ticket....or renew my VCA Membership?

Confuscious say

NEITHER! The truck ain't worth it....and this club has sunk to an ALL TIME low.

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Last SRT Ram off the line huh? Big deal! Sorry VCA, you aint getting my money this time. This is has got to be a joke right? These trucks are stacked higher than the clouds at dealerships in my area and now you want to raffle one off for an ungodly amount of money? No thanks.

hemibeep

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Maybe okay at $20 bucks a ticket.
Just too much at $100.
This does seem like a low blow, to get quick cash.

Survey says:

"eeeeeeeeeh"

Gerald Levin

Viper Owner
Reaction score

You guys are reading my mind. $100 a ticket and 2750 tixs? Are you kidding me? Nuts, absolutely f'ing nuts to buy a ticket for that Ram. NO THANKS!

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The VCA seems to need money - urgently.

Wayne Finch

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Not to bash the raffle, but......

something isn't quite right when these things are selling at a massive discount to MSRP and I assume winner would have to pay tax on the MSRP value. Yikes

Sam 01 RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Oooh, but look, you can buy three for $250.
What a deal!
:rolleyes:
Remind me not to mail that, or possibly my $100 for next years dues.
Have to see what happens in January.

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

winner would have to pay tax on the MSRP value. Yikes

so what would the taxes BE? anyone have any "ballpark" idea?

Ultimately it will be based on your income. So you might actually pay more for it up front, but at the end of the year, your tax guy will do the "real" number. Much like when we get taxes taken out for our paychecks. I believe it counts as income, so you will have to take msrp and add it to your "anual income" and see what you would pay taxes on that income. On an even worse note, if you were in a lower tax bracket and this pushed you up, you would have to pay taxes on ALL your income at that new tax bracket !!

Wow, this deal just keeps getting better and better !!

I'm sure someone will correct me if I am wrong, but that has been my understanding.

Jon

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score

On an even worse note, if you were in a lower tax bracket and this pushed you up, you would have to pay taxes on ALL your income at that new tax bracket !!
Tax brackets don't work that way! It's a stepped rate, meaning you pay a higher rate for the amount over the previous bracket and not everything.

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score

winner would have to pay tax on the MSRP value. Yikes

so what would the taxes BE? anyone have any "ballpark" idea?
Raffle winnings are treated like a lottery without the state tax exemption offered by some states.

Look at your last year's return and figure out the taxes you paid as a percentage of your AGI. Mutliply that percentage by the list price of the RAM and that's you ballpark number.

e.g. If your AGI was 100K and your tax was 25K, then 0.25 * 52K = 13K is the approx tax liability.

Enjoy your winnings.

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score

i guess what i am trying to figure out is this. if someone spends $100 on a winning ticket, plus pays the taxes on the thing, is the winner not money ahead and just got a great deal on one of these AWESOME trucks? ($100 + taxes).

PLUS, we would be supporting the VCA (our club). why is it a bad thing for our club to make a profit and raise money? alot of clubs do this. why would any club go through all the effort just to break even?

i desperately need a truck and would love to have one of these. count me in for (3) tickets.

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Oooh, but look, you can buy three for $250.
What a deal!
:rolleyes:
Remind me not to mail that, or possibly my $100 for next years dues.
Have to see what happens in January.

You'd better be careful about expressing a less than positive opinion about this raffle or the VCA. You know what becomes of trouble-makers like you.

Sam 01 RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You'd better be careful about expressing a less than positive opinion about this raffle or the VCA. You know what becomes of trouble-makers like you.
Oops, you're right.
:laugh:

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

>>>...LUS, we would be supporting the VCA (our club). why is it a bad thing for our club to make a profit and raise money? alot of clubs do this. why would any club go through all the effort just to break even?...<<<

Because the annual fees from the members should be enough?

The VCA is not a company (making profit).

It is a club of and for VIPER enthusiasts, or .... wait ....

I mixed it up with our club ;-)

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

>>>The VCA may very well be the one holding the next VOI,...<<<

That is an interesting "statement" in the a.m. "S2000 section" - seems to be that DODGE is not doing a VOI.10?!