ok I need your ideas

NHL2133

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Painting a Green RT/10? Shame on you!

I know this isn't constructive, but green is my second favorite Gen I/II color.

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't like green anything except trees,grass etc.I love the smooth classy custom look of a gen 1 car.Why not just a high quality orig color paint job?Probably worth more in the long run.Forget stripes.Why clutter up that custon classy smooth looking car. GTS Bruce

OKViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lambo Orange - no stripes though, save those for the GTS's...

Second place for me would be white.

Sam 01 RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe a darker shade of green metallic, like the Chromaillusion stuff.. Looks green one way, black another?
Sombody did a great job of lining those cars up in that last pic, btw.
:laugh:

OP
OP
O

ohiodoc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeah he wasnt too shaby, I want to go a lighter color though. Green and dark green showes everything.

SERPENT INDY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am thinking of maybe a orange or copper with silver gts strips

I have a Prowler painted HOK Kandi Tangelo.....over a white base......the brightest orange I have ever seen...everyone loves the color.....but I would forget stripes on this color....it doesn't need them....

SERPENT INDY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ps....the new Viper Quarterly had a couple of SRT10....one is orange and one is lime.....they look good....lime isn't one of my favorite colors(I have a lime Challenger RT conv), but it sure does stand out in a crowd...the orange on my Prowler has a lot of pearl, sunlight changes the color drastically(lighter)and the cloudy days makes it darker..the color gets tons of positive comments....had it at Woodward last summer, lots of nice remarks about the color choice...I was thinking about painting my black SRT10 this color, but sold it before I had a chance to get it done...

WOT!

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been reading this forum for over two years and I rarely post. But I just couldn't let this one pass without adding my .02.

It sounds like no matter what, you are going to change colors.

What a shame. :(

After white, your green is my other favorite. I'm sure the other owners of green are going to like this...

Just don't do it, PLEASE. I rarely see this green, and that alone is one of the selling features. If rarity is what you want from a color change, then I think you already have it.

If you still have to change the color, go white. Very easy to keep clean, doesn't show the dirt, lots of people seem to love it. BTW, with white, you have to do the blue strips on a gen 1 in my opinion. But then again like everyone else, I'm biased.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The problem with white (which I love) is the side sills WILL turn yellow and look BAD.

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can't go wrong with black & silver! You'd probably have the only gen I painted in that color combo...

OP
OP
O

ohiodoc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
nope I have seen black and silver and black is too hot for out here and you would say I copied you cause I love your car so much. So I can't do that.

Sam 01 RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Black is awesome. Black/silver GTS's are ****.
;)
I dunno if I'd go orange, there's someone else painting his car orange, he may say you copied him and ban you.
:)
Search for "brazen serpent", lol.
I like the blue/white stripe idea.

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Black is awesome. Black/silver GTS's are ****.
No gheyer than those rims on your S2000.

I dunno if I'd go orange, there's someone else painting his car orange, he may say you copied him and ban you.
:)
Search for "brazen serpent", lol.

"Brazen serpent" sounds sort of religious, no? Are you saying he should have this painted on his hood:

You must be registered for see images

trainville

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Here's a couple of my ex-'95 green with vinyl silver stripes. If I had kept it, I would have had them painted and clear-coated. Me likey!
P3010008.JPG

7.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave