Alan's Performance...Great customer service!!!!!!!

00prowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alan\'s Performance...Great customer service!!!!!!!

I recently bought Abs plug wires, Harland Sharp Rockers, Alans Performannce aluminum radiator, fan module, and pushrods from Alan. He is very knowledgable indeed. He has called me 3 times to make sure every thing was good and gave helpful installation tips as well. The Gen 2 radiators were out if stock, but he let me know it was in process and called again to let me know it had been shipped! It's nice to see such personalized service in these fast paced days...AL... :D :D :D

CROM

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Re: Alan\'s Performance...Great customer service!!!!!!!

Al,

I'm interested in how your rocker install goes. You are doing this yourself correct? I'm tempted to do this (if I can ever start buying stuff for me rather than the wife). I pulled the tranny and figure it should be easy to do. I guess doing rockers, although more delicate of a procedure, is less tedious in the end.

gotV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Alan\'s Performance...Great customer service!!!!!!!

alan is a great asset to the viper community. i am hear in ATL local to alan's performance, and had the oportunity to meet him in person. Alan is a super nice guy that will make time to assist you in any way that he can. he answered all of my questions with out the pressure to purchase right away. at the time i had him take care of powder coating my intake and valve covers, which came out very nice. based on the quality of what i have had alan do for me thus far along with his vast knowledge and his non pushy sales practices, i will be doing more business with him, hopefully in the near future. i reccomend that anyone considering making a viper performance purchase give alan a call you will be impressed and a customer for life.

ryan

jay01m

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Alan's Performance

Alans Performance

Anyone talk to these jokers? I've called a half a dozen times over the past week and they haven't answered their phones. I've also left several messages with them and no call back. I was going to buy some parts from them but they obviously don't want my money. I guess I'll buy elsewhere.

vipzilla

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Re: Alan's Performance

this guy only sells the parts from other venders at a even higher mark up the only thing he makes and sells is his radiator anything else from him go to the source instead

jay01m

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Funny enough, that's what I was going to buy from him.

rsmitchell10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Dave is right...Alan is in Thailand right now but usually will get back if you leave a message or send an email.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Fit's right in with the modus operandi of most Viper aftermarket vendors. :2tu:

OP
OP

00prowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Gee..Thanks for reminding me!!! I ordered an aluminum radiator, headers, heatsheilds, hi flow cats, resonators, plug wires, 1.7 rocker arms, push rods, Etc...The service and merchandise was very good...The wires were ABs in red...I decided to do my valve covers in blue. So I wanted the blue wires instead, but he didnt have them in stock...I got the blue wires directly through AB...Alan said if I sent him back the red set he would credit my account...which I did......I called and Emailed a couple of times for my credit to no avail..I never disputed the charge because I totally forgot about it...So I guess I am stiffed for 140.00 or so...I have totally forgotten about this until I saw this post...I spent over 4 grand with him and this leaves a bad taste in my mouth for 140.00...this will be 2 years in April..Al 00PROWLER

jcaspar1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Alan's triple pass radiator is great. Fits very well. Looks great. You can't go wrong with it.
I have never had any problem with Alan, Roe Racing or Parts Rack. Have ordered a lot from them...

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hey Double Ought... Maybe you should give Alan the chance to be a stand up guy and make good on the refund. Even if you don't have the invoice number anymore I bet most small merchants like that would remember a $4 Large transaction like that.

Send him a polite email explaining that everyone forgot about this including yourself. Even if he won't give you the cash maybe a merchandise credit? :dunno:

Worth a try.

X-Metal

Enthusiast
Reaction score

alan is a good guy, and i had great experiences buying from him. He IS out of the country right now. i do know this. email him and you will get a reply back

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

In Thailand Spending Your Money

Yeah, money that YOU spent for a product HE is selling to you, so explain to me what is wrong with that? It is after all, Alan's money now is it not?

Alan is a stand up guy and does not screw people but he is hard to get in touch with. As stated, email is the best way to get in touch with him.

OP
OP

00prowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score

^^^^^ I am sure he will see this post guys....He took good care of me for the most part...He knows his stuff for sure, and the shipping was quick, until I read this thread I completly forgot about the credit...Al

OP
OP

00prowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hey Double Ought... Maybe you should give Alan the chance to be a stand up guy and make good on the refund. Even if you don't have the invoice number anymore I bet most small merchants like that would remember a $4 Large transaction like that.

Send him a polite email explaining that everyone forgot about this including yourself. Even if he won't give you the cash maybe a merchandise credit? :dunno:

Worth a try.
Double ought...Your the devil Dave...Al:omg::rolaugh:

jay01m

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Worth a try.

IMHO I think you're cutting the guy too much slack. If in fact he owes DO $140, then he's already had a chance to be a stand up guy when he got the plugs back in the mail. Let's be realistic, Alan gets the plugs back in the mail and I'm sure he knows where they came from because if he didn't he'd sure as hell find out, the next logical step would be to think "hey, I owe this guy his money back." Apparently, instead of going to his computer to make it right, he obviously chose to set that task aside instead of getting it done immediately. What's worse is that DO says he tried to contact Alan about it when the issue first popped up and no reply from Alan. IMHO, there's no excuse for failing to credit someone's account for an item returned, especially when DO tried to follow up at the onset of the issue.

In my experience, a good/stand up business isn't measured by their ability to take your money and mail you some parts, because any monkey can do that. It's how well they resolve issues like these that make the difference.

Merchandise credit??? Yeah, that would be redeeming. May as well just get the plugs back LOL. :rolaugh:

Just my $.02.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score

IMHO I think you're cutting the guy too much slack. If in fact he owes DO $140, then he's already had a chance to be a stand up guy when he got the plugs back in the mail. Let's be realistic, Alan gets the plugs back in the mail and I'm sure he knows where they came from because if he didn't he'd sure as hell find out, the next logical step would be to think "hey, I owe this guy his money back." Apparently, instead of going to his computer to make it right, he obviously chose to set that task aside instead of getting it done immediately. What's worse is that DO says he tried to contact Alan about it when the issue first popped up and no reply from Alan. IMHO, there's no excuse for failing to credit someone's account for an item returned, especially when DO tried to follow up at the onset of the issue.

In my experience, a good/stand up business isn't measured by their ability to take your money and mail you some parts, because any monkey can do that. It's how well they resolve issues like these that make the difference.

Merchandise credit??? Yeah, that would be redeeming. May as well just get the plugs back LOL. :rolaugh:

Just my $.02.

+1.
It takes me all of 20 seconds to credit back a refund to a customers card, it's all done online and instantly.
And could have been done the same day as the return was received.
"Forgot" about it....yeah that's it.

By the way, once the time limit is up on doing a chargeback against the merchant you have NO recourse. So dragging it out is to the unscrupulous merchants benefit.
I am NOT saying that is the case here, but I am really tired of hearing the bullshiiit excuses offered up by Viper aftermarket parts suppliers.
Run a business, take peoples money and then you are uncontactable for weeks...LOL. Are all these companies run out of someones basement as a second income hobby?

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You people are great historians, but lousy problem solvers.

Your review of events and editorial of them does nothing to solve the problem of this guy not having received his refund. And in all actuality, likely reduces the chances of it being resolved in the favor of the guy who would want his money back. Because if he acts like he's pissed and starts telling Alan how to run his business, Alan might say KMA.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You people are great historians, but lousy problem solvers.

Your review of events and editorial of them does nothing to solve the problem of this guy not having received his refund. And in all actuality, likely reduces the chances of it being resolved in the favor of the guy who would want his money back. Because if he acts like he's pissed and starts telling Alan how to run his business, Alan might say KMA.

Asking for your legitimate refund after it was "forgotten" about is telling someone how to run their business?
A lot of vendors seem to come around and do the right thing after they get some airtime here in the forums.
Doubt he would say KMA, that would make him a thief. No one said that. Maybe it will help jog his memory.

OP
OP

00prowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Just my $.02.
Thanks....You and ViperJon made a better point than I could of!!! I am not dissing Alan at all or his products on any replys...Just stating I never received the credit on the wires thats all...I called twice left message and emailed twice to see if he had received them..No reply...Had no trouble getting a hold of him to buy the the 4 grand worth of stuff...Al

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper