remove door panel for stereo install?

jwbond

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have the infamous door rattle when the window is down. I am getting a new stereo system installed and was curious if taking the door panel off is necessary to install new speakers. If so, I can kill two birds with one project...and I love killing birds.

Randy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Unscrew the three screws (not looking at it right now, don't recall if there is a grill to pull off - if there is, it just pulls off), and the speaker comes out. No need to pull the door panel unless there is a wiring issue.

Stephen

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi JWBond, if you plan on changing your speakers, remember that there is also a tweeter in the door, you need to remove door trim to replace these (easy task 7 scews, 1 push in style plastic clip). In the meantime fix you rattle.

Front speaker are 2 way (bass and mid range sound) paper style low quality items, plus there is a 1" 5/8 seperate tweeter (voice/hight pitch sound)higher in the door (2 scews the remove it from the door trim)

I'm also in the process off updating my audio system, basicly changing the speakers for better one. One last thing while your there, sound deadening material (Dynamat)help a lot as it minimize vibration cause by the speakers.

Good luck
Stephan
-------------------
2000 GTS ACR Blk/Silver Stp
2005 Hemi Ram

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Make sure you get the good Dynamat. They have been known to crumble over time.

OP
OP
J

jwbond

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Make sure you get the good Dynamat. They have been known to crumble over time.

I'm only putting in one 10" sub, but that is probably still a good idea. Does dynamat help from shaking the car apart as well (I think it was just for sound purposes).

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom R