Anyone here deal with "The Viper Store" ?

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Anyone here deal with \"The Viper Store\" ?

Just curious if any of you buy from "The Viper store" .com and how there product/services are??
I just happened to notice their banner on top of VCA page. So I assume they must be a sponsor. So I clicked link. I had actually put 4 things in my check out cart. Then I realized some of the stuff I had bought from Parts rack, MGW etc where also on there site. But they were charging $30-40 more on even small stuff. So instead of the filters I got for $159,they were 189, or the shifter that was like $ 85, was instead $ 135. I dont mind paying for good stuff,but if its same stuff others are selling....well Im just wondering if Im missing anything. So I figured what 4 items I had placed in cart must be well overpriced also.

So, does anyone have any experience with them.

OP
OP
M

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Re: Anyone here deal with \"The Viper Store\" ?

Wow, thanks for the link, missed that one. Well that answers my question. There are only a few that I deal with for parts,but they had some stuff I hadnt seen. But I dont want to give $1000 let alone $ 1 to a place like that.

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The reason that different vendors have different selling prices comes down to the fact that the cost to the vendor is different depending on how much volume they do therefore vendors sell at different prices. It pays to shop around for the best deal for the money and to be sure you are getting an identical products with the same features. Example: Vendors #1 sells an ECM upgrade for a given price but you need to purchase the thermostat at an extra cost, while vendor #2 sells it for the same price but include the thermostat.

OP
OP
M

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score

The reason that different vendors have different selling prices comes down to the fact that the cost to the vendor is different depending on how much volume they do therefore vendors sell at different prices. It pays to shop around for the best deal for the money and to be sure you are getting an identical products with the same features. Example: Vendors #1 sells an ECM upgrade for a given price but you need to purchase the thermostat at an extra cost, while vendor #2 sells it for the same price but include the thermostat.

I understand that, as Im in sales and have dealt with automotive aftermarket parts before. But if manufacturer sells it on website for $ XX.XX then vendor a,b,and c should sell for MSRP, as they get to buy it cheaper becuase they are set up as vendors. Now if it is custom or pieced together,then its harder to put a price on it. Im all for everyone making there deserved money, I just wanted feedback on them as I hadnt ever seen their site before and was shocked at their pricing.

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score

While I tend to agree with you it is a fact that MSRP is just what it says, manufacture Suggested Retail Price with the key word being "Suggested". If 1 vendor only gets 5% off because he is a low volume buyer then he will not survive on a 5% profit so he has to mark the price up to cover his overhead and to make a better profit than he can make investing his money elsewhere. The vendor who receives the max discount should indeed sell at MSRP.