difficulty shifting

mrsantafe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm a noob here and just purchased a 95 viper on flea bay. The car has the dc performance clutch and flywheel assembly and is nearly brand new(approximately 2500 miles). It is very difficult to shift in any gear. Additionally, when the car is off its easy to shift gears. When trying to accelerate hard in any gear it becomes nearly impossible to shift at a higher rpm.
any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated!

OP
OP
M

mrsantafe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks, with the clutch pedal all the way to the floor it is still very difficult to shift. I'm thinking maybe the clutch is gone, pilot bearing, or throwout bearing?

Madduc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Before digging into the clutch that far, bleed it and change the trans fluid and see where that gets you.

hemibeep

Viper Owner
Reaction score
While changing the fluid, make sure it is completely bled of ALL air bubbles. You could probably just bleed it to correct your problem.

OP
OP
M

mrsantafe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well its at the dealer right now. So far i have found the clutch to burned up and the flywheel needs resurfacing. I'm hoping its not a shift fork but ill soon find out. I'll keep you fellas posted.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where are you located(what dealer is doing the work)? Most don't have to resurface the flywheel, just hit it wilh 60 grit sander, but if you want an aluminum flywheel, now is a great time to get one(I have one for sale ;) ).

OP
OP
M

mrsantafe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I live in alb nm and the flywheel is a segmented one. I bought a new flywheel (dc performance)chrome moly type and a stock clutch. First i did as you guys suggested and had the system bled . I wish it would have been that easy. But thanks for the comments and suggestions.

99r/t10 if you have some bolt on rocker arms or an underdrive pulley I might be interested in buying these items from you.