Race Logic traction control

622r109

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yes i have it on my car for three months, i dont use it much because i put on a6 hoosiers. i dont know what year your caar is but the only problem with my 05 viper was the tires. i would look for drag radials or hoosiers instead of spending over 2000 dollars on racelogic.

622r109

Enthusiast
Reaction score
none at all even in the rain ive gone 60 mph and no fishtailing, added nos and propane at 735 hp, i can come out of the hole w/nos on and no spinning or wheelhop. they only last for 4000 miles, but worth it to me.

OP
OP
P

pumpgas

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks 622r109. Few more questions if you do not mind.

Before the new Hoosiers were put on, did the system work as advertised? Negatives/Positives?

If you had to choose between one or the other for all out performance, you would say that the car can turn quicker acceleration times with the Hoosier's than the Racelogic?

Do the Hoosier's need drive time to warm up or are they good to go as soon as you start driving the car?

Driveline issues, meaning that if I keep the stock gears and clutch (I have a Paxton on an 06') do the tires grab good enough to break that stuff on aggressive launches?

So the tires instantly cured all wheel hop? Nice. I am assuming they are 345/35/19's? Same as stock?

Thanks in advance. Tom

03gobluecobra

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you had to choose between one or the other for all out performance, you would say that the car can turn quicker acceleration times with the Hoosier's than the Racelogic?

Absolutely the tires will give you better acceleration than the traction control. The traction control only allows you to use the full potential of your tires. The stickier tires give you more potential to put the power down than the weak stock tires.

622r109

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hardly any warm up time needed,i think with my 735 hp it tells the story,launching from dead stop no problem, remember i also have 850 rwtq,call luke at tirerack, he will set you up. even if you break halh shafts its only about 1700 bucks, you still havent told me what year car you have, the newer vipers have better halfshafts. lots of luck,ps i not crazy about racelogic holding back on acceleration with stock tires, may be ok for racecourse,but im a drag racer.

OP
OP
P

pumpgas

Viper Owner
Reaction score
622r109, I had it in my second post. It is a 2006 with a paxton.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
I would guess that traction control would be much more helpful on a road race car.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmagnuss