Anyone Install 6" mufflers in their side sills?

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone Install 6\" mufflers in their side sills?

I'm getting ready to install 6" round Dynomax Dynomax Race mufflers in place of my POS B&B mufflers in my side sills. These basically go where the stock resonators used to be. Anyone have difficulty installing 6" mufflers in their sills? These should fit as I have 5" rounds in there now and I should be able to squeeze in another inch. Any tricks to make these fit the tight space? It's worth nothing this is an '01 RT/10.

Thanks,
- Tony

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Anyone Install 6\" mufflers in their side sills?

I've had 6.75"OD DynoMax SS mufflers in a G1. Currently have 5"OD pipe under my '99 G2 sidesills. It looked like 6"OD would have fit depending on positioning.

In theory you're only adding a 1/2" of radius in all directions to the space your B&Bs are occupying now. Going from a tube with a 2.5" radius to one with a 3" radius..

It's probably not an issue if you're familiar with your currect clearances.

OP
OP
V

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Anyone Install 6\" mufflers in their side sills?

I've had 6.75"OD DynoMax SS mufflers in a G1. Currently have 5"OD pipe under my '99 G2 sidesills. It looked like 6"OD would have fit depending on positioning.

In theory you're only adding a 1/2" of radius in all directions to the space your B&Bs are occupying now. Going from a tube with a 2.5" radius to one with a 3" radius..

It's probably not an issue if you're familiar with your currect clearances.

I currently have 3" pipe and I definitely have wiggle room for the 6" muffler, I may have to shift the exhaust up 1/2 inch to have enough clearance for the sill covers as the bottoms of the current mufflers are flush with the bottom of the sills. 5" inch pipe? Wow. I can't imagine a 6.75" muffler fitting in the side sill on my RT/10. Thanks for the info. - Tony

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper