Thread: Sourcing Obsolete Parts For Gen I and Gen II Vipers

Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    VCA Associate Member

Default Re: Sourcing Obsolete Parts For Gen I and Gen II Vipers

If someone could just say there is some kind of ruling that prevents the tools and molds from being used to fabricate new pieces then let someone please comfirm this. If people are too busy with stuff to have attention for this as understandable as it is, same thing... after this long a period of no news people start doubting that there will eventually be good news.

Viper Owner

Quote Originally Posted by ViperGTS View Post
    FYI: Jeff, one of my friends, started this thread, but he is "out"...a lot of good people left ...
    Well then this thread might truly be dead if there was no handover of information or if none of the Officials never picked up the ball.

Viper Owner

Dan, did you ever find a source for the sending unit? I'm getting wild fluctuations of my gauge all of a sudden so I think I'll need this part soon...

JR
    Red '94, 109,000 miles

Enthusiast

No I am afraid I have not, in the near future I think I will need to come up with some alternative replacement parts for the Gen 1's and 2's. Much is becoming obsolete and hard to get.

Dan

Sorry guys, but we didn't see the posts on this. The VCA continues to acquire more tooling and recently brought in approximately twenty more semi-truck loads of Gen 3 & 4 tooling. The tooling will not be considered for use until such time as Mopar supplies of those parts are exhausted. No sense in firing up a tool to make stuff that is still available.

Understand that these tools aren't generally for electronic parts, etc. Mopar is willing to provide us with the original supplier names so that we can work with them to try and get things that have been discontinued that are not already represented in these tools. The VCA now has the original tools for most body parts for every Viper made from 1992 - 2010. Ditto with Gen 1 & 2 wheels, interior molds (dash panels, door panels, etc.), frames, heads, blocks, calipers, etc. They include dies, presses, and measuring rigs. The primary goal is preservation with possible activation as Mopar stock is depleted.
    [email protected]
    www.viperpartsofamerica.com
    Where 100% of the profits go to the Viper Club of America

Viper Owner

Hello VPA,

There was a compiled list of everything we were looking for done a while back. Most the parts requested are no longer in production or very difficult to find. The sad part is you usually have to wait until another car is wrecked to get the parts you need. It would help of you went through this thread and sourced vendors for the parts that were requested. I had difficulty finding parts for my Gen 1 and will run into the same walls with my Gen 2 as well. Will there be a point of contact for the tooling, vendor information, or obsolete parts? Thanks

Viper Owner

A/C for a 93 viper, Windows. - Can get the glass. Fabricated my own but would like the frame that clips into the door.

Viper Owner

Door Stanchion covers for a 94 RT/10

Enthusiast

Looking for a Gen 1 glovebox door, no scratches, will trade with money etc....thanks Denny please private message me with your contact info....thanks !!

I have a 98 rt, and I had to replace the back window gasket, and there were small gaps in the corners. Nothing you can do about that. My fix was, I used black GE silicone, and very carefully filled in the gaps. It is water tight now, and does look fine. If I had to take the glass out, the silicone would come right off with no problem. You might want to try that.

They should do a run a clamshells to lower our insurance costs. And they would be they source for them so they would profit.

Enthusiast

They are having a blowout on the hoods. I think around 5k new.

Enthusiast

Targa top...............Thx

i will be working directly with the National Officers and SRT. The purpose of this post is to identify the Obsolete parts and list them here,and keepwell.

Enthusiast

Im sure someone asked already but gen I an II radiators.. Couldnt find a listing on a new oem style.

Viper Owner

Jeff,

Looking, for a Tonneau top interior with nylon zipper for a first Generation RT/10 any photos, est cost?
    also the right balance tube for headlight adjustment, has liquid in it, long yellow tube, don't know the terminology .?? available & cost?

thanks Brad [email protected] or gmail.co

Viper Owner

This is not a part, but a service for repairing. Not sure this will help anyone or not but I was surfing ebay today and came across an auction for PCM repairs for every Dodge Viper year. I thought it was interesting so figured I'd post it. The company is called SIA Electronics and charge about 200 bucks. I have no affiliation with them at all, don't know if they are good or bad but seems like it would be an option for anyone that is stuck with a malfunctioning PCM as they might be able to fix it, or at least they claim they can. Here is their website:

http://www.siaelec.com/

Would be interested to know if anyone has used them or someone similar and their experience?

Viper Owner

A month short of the celebration of the 8th anniversary of the start of this thread.

Viper Owner

With regard to PCM repairs, we have had many, many, many supposedly repaired PCMs come back through here as cores towards replacements. Most of these places dont have the capability or information to do repairs, and just take your money for the diagnosis and walk away.. usually after ruining the value of your bad ECU for a core return.

Viper Owner

Jeff, I am looking for the right side plastic door piece where the door handle fits into. The larger one that is attached to the door. How do I describe it. Triangular, not the rectangle pc that snaps into it. Has a right angle that attaches to the door. any out there?? Cost??

thanks [email protected]

Viper Owner

I am currently looking for 2 of the 7/16 plastic seal nuts that hold the rear markers onto the car. It is for a 1997 GTS coupe.

Viper Owner

I have a Generation I 95 Viper looking for the clips that hold the Air intake box together, there are 8 clips, need 3 will take four (1 extra)

noticed 3 were missing when checking and replacing the air filters with K&N filters. bottom ones of course hard to get at. please let me know at

[email protected] thanks Brad from FL

Enthusiast

I would start stocking up on the basic replacement and wear items like any radiator hoses and vacuum lines. Down the road they will be harder and harder to source, and I doubt with the low production numbers of the viper we will se an aftermarket company such as Year One for the Camaros and Firebirds ever start making parts for us..

Hey guys, just posted my introduction in the general section, but I wanted to put a feeler in here, since it's directly related.

Would anyone be interested in having certain parts reverse engineered and one-off's made? I am an ME, have access to CAD, as well as machine shops, 3d printers, etc. This is something I'm considering doing on the side, but I need to know if there's genuine interest. Seems like it would be useful to those with cars that have certain parts, which are obsolete/difficult to find. Custom parts would be an interesting option as well...

Your thoughts/opinions would be greatly appreciated. I'd like to help you guys, as well as others.

Viper Owner

Quote Originally Posted by pjkinsella View Post
    Hey guys, just posted my introduction in the general section, but I wanted to put a feeler in here, since it's directly related.

Would anyone be interested in having certain parts reverse engineered and one-off's made? I am an ME, have access to CAD, as well as machine shops, 3d printers, etc. This is something I'm considering doing on the side, but I need to know if there's genuine interest. Seems like it would be useful to those with cars that have certain parts, which are obsolete/difficult to find. Custom parts would be an interesting option as well...

Your thoughts/opinions would be greatly appreciated. I'd like to help you guys, as well as others.
    What a great offer - PM coming to you.

VCA Member
    Midsouth

Quote Originally Posted by pjkinsella View Post

I would start stocking up on the basic replacement and wear items like any radiator hoses and vacuum lines. Down the road they will be harder and harder to source, and I doubt with the low production numbers of the viper we will se an aftermarket company such as YES< make the parts--The Buyers will come!

VCA Member
    Pacific Northwest

Gen I Rear brake calipers Covers with R/10 Logo...

Viper Owner

We'll soon be celebrating the 10th anniversary of this thread with absolutely zero results for club members. What a surprise.

VCA Legacy Member
    UT/AZ

Don't worry, some egotistical moron will start another thread and blame FCA
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”
    ― Winston Churchill

Once again, if someone has a specific part that they'd be willing to send me to try and reverse engineer, I might be up for the challenge (depending on what it is, and feasibility of course). Feel free to shoot me a message and run it by me.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6