Feeler - 03 Supercharged 522"

NoRice

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Feeler - 03 Supercharged 522\"

What do you guys think is a fair asking price for my car?

2003 Viper 522" Paxton
Approx. 7k miles, 4k miles on the engine/supercharger
It makes 770rwhp on 91, has made 810rwhp on 93 both at 9lbs boost. It has all the engine goodies plus the 18" SSR's and drag radials and Aldan shocks/springs.

You must be registered for see images

RavenFan_94

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Re: Feeler - 03 Supercharged 522\"

I'm no good at car values, but that is just insane. Sorry to see it go. To a good home for sure!

zorroespanol

VCA Member - New England
VCA Member
Reaction score

My educated guess, 55K to low 60's

50K for the car, the difference for the parts, and it will still be hard to sell.

Of course you can get lucky and find a motivated buyer.

It is my unfortunate experience that whatever you put in the car you pretty much lose it all. I hope I am wrong, but that's what my experience tells me.

Finally got it !

Viper Owner
Reaction score

My educated guess, 55K to low 60's

50K for the car, the difference for the parts, and it will still be hard to sell.

Of course you can get lucky and find a motivated buyer.

It is my unfortunate experience that whatever you put in the car you pretty much lose it all. I hope I am wrong, but that's what my experience tells me.

Have to agree here. Maybe a mid 60's sale would be hopeful..

VENOMAHOLIC

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I feel for you on this sale. That is a well tuned and beautiful low mileage Gen III that you spent thousands to get just right. The downside is that the pool of prospective buyers is much smaller than if it was stock. Unfortunatly any buyer will assume you abused it and worry about warranty issues.

I suggest you ask Underground Racing for suggestions. They may offer to answer questions to any of your buyers. Perhaps they could help sell the car for you to somebody that wants a supercharged Gen III.

Good luck.

Man_Car

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Too bad you're so far away. I might be interested. Just totalled my 00 GTS. :(

OP
OP
N

NoRice

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I feel for you on this sale. That is a well tuned and beautiful low mileage Gen III that you spent thousands to get just right. The downside is that the pool of prospective buyers is much smaller than if it was stock. Unfortunatly any buyer will assume you abused it and worry about warranty issues.

I suggest you ask Underground Racing for suggestions. They may offer to answer questions to any of your buyers. Perhaps they could help sell the car for you to somebody that wants a supercharged Gen III.

Good luck.

Warranty, there is no stinking warranty on this car. :laugh: This car is obviously not for someone looking to buy stock. To build this same car, it would cost you around $90k or so. I will easily get $70k plus for this car when I sell it. Anybody who thinks they can buy this car or one similarly equipped for $55k-60k is seriously mistaken.

OP
OP
N

NoRice

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Too bad you're so far away. I might be interested. Just totalled my 00 GTS. :(

The car would just be going home if you bought it, as it came from Asheville, NC. :laugh: The car is in pristine condition, both mechanically and physically.

OP
OP
N

NoRice

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I will trade you Vipers, Mine makes 550 at the wheels N/A at DC Performance

Post more info about your Viper. year, miles, condition, etc.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score

Hey James,

My guess, 65K to 75K. I'd wait till the weather gets a bit better though.

The market for dark side cars like ours is limited, but it's still there.

Guys wanting "stock" cars won't be interested.

Sorry to see you sell.

Dan

zorroespanol

VCA Member - New England
VCA Member
Reaction score

How do you reach those numbers?

I really wish that he gets as much as he wants, but having been in the same position with two other cars I know that you wake up really fast from whatever dream you live in. After 9 and 4 months, I had to settle for $4,000 and $3,000 over stock retail respectively on cars that had 20K on parts+labor. In my desperation I even listed on Dupont Registry (thousand dollar ad) which finally sold me the cars.

I could have gotten more taken stuff off the cars and sold it independently, but I said to hell with it.

Again, the possibility for a motivated buyer is always there, but after a short while you realize that people are very afraid of buying a 4 year old car that costs as much as a new one, no matter what you have under the hood.
I now list for sale my cars immediately I start to wonder whether I should keep or sale, because I know that the sale will take a lot longer than your average honda accord.

I hope you prove me wrong for your own good, but the chances are not there. Best of luck.

Hey James,

Sorry to see you sell.

Dan

OP
OP
N

NoRice

Viper Owner
Reaction score

How do you reach those numbers?

I really wish that he gets as much as he wants, but having been in the same position with two other cars I know that you wake up really fast from whatever dream you live in. After 9 and 4 months, I had to settle for $4,000 and $3,000 over stock retail respectively on cars that had 20K on parts+labor. In my desperation I even listed on Dupont Registry (thousand dollar ad) which finally sold me the cars.

I could have gotten more taken stuff off the cars and sold it independently, but I said to hell with it.

Again, the possibility for a motivated buyer is always there, but after a short while you realize that people are very afraid of buying a 4 year old car that costs as much as a new one, no matter what you have under the hood.
I now list for sale my cars immediately I start to wonder whether I should keep or sale, because I know that the sale will take a lot longer than your average honda accord.

I hope you prove me wrong for your own good, but the chances are not there. Best of luck.

Hey James,

Sorry to see you sell.

Dan

You must have had some pretty crappy cars if you had over $20k in upgrades and only received stock offers on your cars. Obviously this isn't the car that will be purchased by someone looking for a stock Viper. This is a car for someone who is looking to purchase a stock Viper, but maybe has plans for mods similar to the ones I have or for someone who wants a top quality car built by a top tuner in the Viper business. For someone to build this same car they would have to spend right around $90k-95k. That would entail purchasing a low mileage car, forged motor, supercharger, suspension, wheels, etc. and labor to install all these items to make the same car.

It ***** you didn't get what you wanted for your cars, but it sounds like you may have had other issues with those cars. I know of 3 cars similar to mine that have sold in the last 8 months for $68k-$75k and none of them had the forged stroker motor like my car does. Just from my 2 posts on here and the alley I have 3 people interested in the car for my price. I am fortunate enough to not have to sell my car to start another project, but at the same time I don't have the garage space to keep this one either if I choose to start the other project. Like the post said it was just a feeler to see where the market is currently.

On another note, I would hope those of you who have thrown up figures are not comparing this car to another car that just has a paxton on it. This car was built to have twin turbos installed on it and can very easily be a 1500hp car for around $20k more. That would put it at $95k which is $4k less than what a 04 TT Viper from Underground Racing just sold for in the last month.

zorroespanol

VCA Member - New England
VCA Member
Reaction score

Dude, it wasn't my intention to offend you.

We all know your car is a beast, where you put your time, effort and money. You deserve to get for it a lot more than chances are you will. The bottom line is that something is worth whatever you can get for it. I am sure that you know this very well because of your business, I took the liberty to read your profile.

So good luck wit the sale, I really wish that you get for it as much as you deserve.

Cheers.

OP
OP
N

NoRice

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I am Viperless come next week. :laugh: Someone lurking on the boards saw my posts and contacted me and bought it. :laugh: Now I gotta figure out what car to get next. I may wait for awhile and see how work goes in my new location before getting anything. Never even officially put it up for sale anywhere either.

OP
OP
N

NoRice

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I got what I was thinking it would sell for. I did cut a small deal since I didn't even list it for sale though. I will let the new buyer disclose what he paid for it if he chooses to.

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I don't know if this helps or not but I just bought my Viper two months ago from a dealer in Pheonix and it was a 05 with 3020 miles on and still had over two years warranty on it since the in servicde date wasn't until last year. Anyway I paid 56K for it and they shipped it two me in a covered vehicle it was a merc. dealer. I did feel like I got a steal on the car even in this market with the volume of Gen III seemingly everywhere. Anyway this might help you coming from a recent buyer in the marketplace right now. (I was a "looking for stock" kind of guy).

repiv

Enthusiast
Reaction score

James
congrats on the sale....I am sure you got way more than the 55-60K naysayer figure

KenricGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

My buddy bought my Viper a '05 VCA Yellow DLM bad boy. He is racing and in the Viper racing and has two comp coupes. So he is selling the car now 900rwhp on 91 pump has fully built bottom end and motons with all the goodies.

1fast400

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I was looking at his car hard. I really wanted something in silver however. Since then I think I've came to a deal on a modified 03, in silver like I wanted. NoRice's car was real nice and a good deal IMO.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score

Hey James,

Did you sell it locally or out of state?

Dan

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456