ATTN: All Eastern States! July 4th week trip! NEED INPUT!

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hello Guys,

This applies to virtually EVERY club in the eastern United States and Canada! as the WNY/Ontario Canada region, we will be passing through PA, WV, KY, and TN ourselves. If another club would like to join us from the South, let me know! A group from FL would cover many other states as well.

I have proposed a trip this summer, and I am trying to find out who is interested. It is set to be from July 3rd until july 7th or 8th, though there may be a group that goes down a few days earlier, if we combine with the ****** Run track event in Ohio the weekend before. I need to set this up SOON, and it WILL require a deposit! The cost to cover lodging will be roughly 100 per night per car, and that will entitle you to your own room. As long as I can get 10 cars committed w/deposits, we will do it! I have approx. 4-5 from NY now, with many "maybe" responses. Deposits will be roughly 50%, and are NON REFUNDABLE. Also please note, if we get enough people to completely fill the cabins, the prices will likely drop. If that happens, the amount owed upon arrival will decrease, but we wont know until very close to the arrival date. 100 per room per night is a good bet on actual cost.

Background:

I traveled to Gatlinburg Tennessee in October for a wedding, and suffice it to say, it would have been an AWESOME Viper trip, and immediately told people of my intent to get something together there for the club.

The destination will be Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge, TN in the heart of the Smokey Mountains, which is a stones throw from "Dollyville", the home town of Dolly Parton. Quite literally, this "tourist trap" looks to be a part of the strip in Vegas! It is an oasis in the middle of nowhere, loaded with shops and things to do (multi-level go cart tracks and such).

The lodging in itself is a novelty. You can rent BRAND NEW log cabins (2000 Square Feet) for about 300 a night! Multi Level, Multi Bedroom, Hot Tub, hammock, etc. We could even go nuts and get 10,000 Square Foot, 4 story cabin for about 1200 a night- that has about 10 bedrooms, a game room, its own parking lot, etc. These cabins are up in the mountains and are quite awesome.

And Lastly, there are LONG stretches of curvy mountain highways, all of which are in good shape getting there. It is about a 10 hour drive for us in NY, but distances from other start points will vary.

There are some pictures of just ONE of the DOZENS of cabins below:

Cabin Pictures

Please let me know what you think!

yellowvipergts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like a great time! However, that is the same weekend as "All Chrysler Nationals" in Carlisle PA. The PA WV Club has an annual gathering there. Last year we had 54 Vipers on the "Showfield" and entertained 90+ members and guests for lunch. So needless to say, I will not be able to join your caravan. Have a safe trip!

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gatlinburg is beautiful! I'm there at least once or twice every year. I may be able to get up that Friday night and stay until Sunday just to hang out, but wont be able to be part of the actual cruise because of work :(

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth