HOW CAN WE GET THE ZONE RENDEZVOUS BACK - WHO WANTS IT BACK

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I for one really want the ZONE RENDEZVOUS back. Like I posted in another
thread it was the BEST TIME I ever had during a VIPER event. Anyone else feel
the same way ? Had I known it was being canceled this year I would have gone to
KANSAS as well to attend their's. NJ did a super event when they hosted it. :2tu:

If we cant get it back, lets get the different zones together and do it with
those interested, at least a track day or something then dinner.

tom

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Anyone else feel the same way ?

No - it was a lot of fun, but Englishtown is a drag strip
and some of us aren't drag racers. The AutoX was fun but its
tough to make a weekend out of it.

But there's nothing stopping you from organizing your own event
- in fact I think it would be spectacular for groups of like-
minded drivers to get together to do major events outside of
the club.

I know a lot of fellow members who simply do not race their cars
- period. What fun is ZR if you don't track it? It would be kind
of harsh for the club to take their money every single year and
only help sponcer car shows for them. If the tour is a flop big
deal - it's not like we'd never be able to have another ZR again.

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thing is, it's not a big flop. At least, all the times I went, it was a big success and everyone had a great time. Nobody goes to everything. Lots of people did not go to the VOI, and I was one of them. Talk about tracking your car...... VOI is about the wimpiest place to want to track your car. @ the three VOI's I went to, you were lucky if you were allowed to get your car up to 90-100mph on the track. I specifically remember in Tenn., being told to keep it down to 80 on a bright sunny day. I can do that anywhere. Lets not get into a whole debate over VOI's. That's been done. Bottom line is we all want different events to do whatever with our cars. In my opinion, it is OUR Club's responsibility to TRY it's best to accomodate all the members. That might mean some redundant events, but as long as the money is in the club treasury, all the members are able to dish out the extra that might be needed, go for the ZR for those who want it and go for the Tour for those who want that.

Andrew

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We had two ZR's in ATL at the same place and with (almost) the same itinerary. i'm bored of this set-up. let's do one elsewhere!

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would suggest you post this in the VCA section and perhaps Chris or another of the new National officers could address it. But as I was in the meeting when the decision was made and heard the numbers I can tell you that regardless of the few who attended that loved it the attendance just was really not that good. It was a major money loser for Dodge in terms of the cars they had to drag there for for not that many people. Whatever the number was when it was announced everybody looked at each other and thought that's not a lot of people attending and the money could be better spent on other stuff, and that was the proposal, keep spending this kind of money for that limited number of people or put the money towards other events. The Europe Cruise and the Cruise around America were two events mentioned.

YELLOH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I went to the NJ event in 2005 and had a great time there.And this year it was suppose to be in Canada, which I was looking forward to it very much.Hopefully the NJ club has track day at Pocono this year.I wish the rendezous would come back.Instead of the drive across america,it is so hard for our club to convoy with 10 to 15 cars, can't imagine driving across americs with a hundred cars or so.If anyone wants to put on an event I'm willing to do my part.RICK :2tu:

OP
OP
W

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I went to the NJ event in 2005 and had a great time there.And this year it was suppose to be in Canada, which I was looking forward to it very much.Hopefully the NJ club has track day at Pocono this year.I wish the rendezous would come back.Instead of the drive across america,it is so hard for our club to convoy with 10 to 15 cars, can't imagine driving across americs with a hundred cars or so.If anyone wants to put on an event I'm willing to do my part.RICK :2tu:

hi rick i think i met you there, is your wife a school teacher? anyhow i think
i'm going to try to put a event together for the northeast or for anyone who would
like to attend. it would consist of a weekend of racing and possible dinners. i
wonder if some of the venders on this site would be interested in doing something
with this. the first thing i need to know is how many people would like to do this.
i'll keep you all up to date. :2tu:

ACR Jim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think we need these two threads combined, but since they are not yet I will respost my comment here, especially since I see Lee is on this one..

Well if you look at Viper Days (Performance Driving School) events, they are located in various parts of the country throughout the year and even have the banquet, free goodies for random drawings and the most fun you can have in your Viper on the track...seems like a great opportunity to replace the void you may feel from no ZR. I do realize that drag racing interests are not represented, I suppose it may be possible for someone (maybe the local clubs nearest the location of the track events) to find a suitible location nearby to augment with a drag racing facility and work with Skip to maybe bring everyone together in the evening.

It certainly would be easy to have a car show combined into this event as the location has plenty of options for additional parking areas at VIR and I suspect many of the other major tracks as they accomodate far more vehicles for some of the major racing events they host.

Just a quick thought, perhaps other can build on it and develop something!

Jim

Schulmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In Canada we are holding a large scale Viper event on June 1st&2nd and 3rd in Ottawa. We invited all North East and Central clubs.

Have a look at our event page at under "Viper Club Open House Days" :

http://www.viperacr.com/events/2007/events_2007.html

Registration form is already available ....

We are juste waiting for the National VCA to make it a formal national event ...

Hurry up guys ! We already got 9 registrations. Our minimal objective is 80 cars 40 Vipers and 40 other cars. We stop taking registration when we hit 100 cars. And we will hit this number ...

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First I heard of it (I am on the Motor City board). Does it include time at the new track by Ottawa (Calabogie)?

Reaction score
March 16-18 at Buttonwillow is a close to a zone rendezvous as you can get with a lot more track time. :2tu: Both the BAMF and Viper Days are very social with tons of track time. :D What more could you ask for? A goddie bag? There will be lots of goodies for sale. :headbang:

Schulmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes this event will be hold on the Calabogie Motorsports Park.
It is a very highspeed and technical race track.
We will have a lot of fun, have a look on our program.

We presented this project in the Detroit`s at Presidents meeting in January and I have sent a email to all of the regional presidents. All nearby club are welcome to join us at this event. Detroit is about 7 hours easy ride from the track.

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes this event will be hold on the Calabogie Motorsports Park.
It is a very highspeed and technical race track.
We will have a lot of fun, have a look on our program.

We presented this project in the Detroit`s at Presidents meeting in January and I have sent a email to all of the regional presidents. All nearby club are welcome to join us at this event. Detroit is about 7 hours easy ride from the track.

Is this the same event that was being planned at the time of the 2005 Northeast Rendezvous in New Jersey? I remember the decision was made to move it to Canada at that time.

Mach500

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Tom / John,

Whatever you guys put together, I'm in. If you are not able to put an event together, how about us joining the Canadians in Ottawa? I would imagine we could get at least 8-10 vipers (and other cars) together from our region for the caravan?

Soo.

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Tom / John,

Whatever you guys put together, I'm in. If you are not able to put an event together, how about us joining the Canadians in Ottawa? I would imagine we could get at least 8-10 vipers (and other cars) together from our region for the caravan?

Soo.

I have been meaning to call you and Mike to gauge interest. I haven't had a chance to mapquest how far it is yet. Would be a pretty cool road trip though.

Schulmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper