Low Tire Sensor

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone know just how sensitive or at what range the Low tire sensors triggers the dash alert? The manual states that at 20PSI (I think thats what I had seen) it alets you. The temperatures here in Cincinnati has dropped into the single digits and this has caused the psi to drop in the tires and the alert to flash slowly. What I don't understand is that I physicaly tested each tire and they are reading about 27-29PSI. I can obviously fill the tires up to 30-32PSI and get the alert to go off but I was just curious at what PSI has anyone seen this alert come on at? I have been reading that some say the the PSI in ZP tires should be around 32PSI and others say 30. I am experienceing that if PSI falls much under 30 I get an alert on the dash. Any thoughts would be appreciated

Thanks

Vipermann

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Somewhat related, I just learned that using anything but plastic valve caps (like shiney metal logo caps) will interfere with the TPMS signal ...

OP
OP
S

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok I think I found out whats happening. I found that the front tire is loosing air around the rim. I got some dirt between the seal of the tire and rim when i was having a little fun out in the drivway. Im going have the tire taken off tomorrow and cleaned :)

Thanks All

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok I think I found out whats happening. I found that the front tire is loosing air around the rim. I got some dirt between the seal of the tire and rim when i was having a little fun out in the drivway. Im going have the tire taken off tomorrow and cleaned :)

Thanks All

How did you get dirt jammed into your front tire in your driveway? Ummmm...possibly some "General Lee" type action....in your Viper :D

Good Luck with your leak. I'm guessing that when you checked your tire and it had 27-29psi the sensor wasn't indicating. Tire pressure guages can be very inacurrate as well.

OP
OP
S

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well it's like this..... I have a large blacktoped area in front of my house and I though it would be fun to lets say warm up the tires :D well I managed to grab a little bit more than expected and the front driver side went into the yard and got a bunch of mud grass and my wifes shub on it. That was the extent of my reckless fun before putting her away in the garage this winter. I didn't realize crap had gotten under the rim after I pressure sprayed it off. Like I mentioned earlier I took it in this week and they did find my front yard in the tire :bonker: . Maybe this is a new way to mow the lawn.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave