SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, if you are bored then don't buy any raffle tickets if this for the '06 ASC Diamondback Viper...just gives me more opportunities to win the car.

KenH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
3.5 seconds 0-60
80lbs lighter
615HP
Big name = McLaren
$750,000 to develop
What do I win - the car?

Not a viable production setup and no you couldn't drive it in the rain, but for something like a one-of-a-kind raffle car, this would be a killer setup. I for one would be standing in line to buy multiple tickets if I had a shot at this puppy, but that would be quite a trick for the VCA to pull off. My guess is that they are going to send out posters with each membership renewal. Don't want to set my expectations too high ;)
ASC_Motor.jpg

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seems like KenH found the final pieces to the puzzle, two of the hints can be seen in that picture. I'm wondering if it's the Diamondback show Viper or a second car though.

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the car cost $750k to develop and you win the raffle does that mean you owe income taxes on $750k to the IRS?

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
STICKER PRICE ON THE RAFFLE CAR SHOULD BE LISTED AT $1 :D IMHO

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the car cost $750k to develop and you win the raffle does that mean you owe income taxes on $750k to the IRS?

That's an excellant question. I would hate to get hit with a $300,000+ tax bill after "winning" this car :eek:

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score

No. It is not the cost of development. It is the fair market value at the time of the win less the cost of the tickets you bought to play. It could be more or less. With that said, I hope that an arm's length value by an independent, reputable appraiser is placed on the vehicle if it is the subject of a raffle. Otherwise I would not go near it with a ten foot pole. When you win, they are obligated to send you a 1099 with the amount of the win since it is over $600.00. From the condition of the wheel shown, it looks like it may have a little wear and tear on the vehicle. Good luck all.

Bob

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bob, thanks for the answer.

I guess what's troubling is that a one-of-a-kind show car like this could easily be determined to have a ridiculous market value. In the past, the cost of labor and materials for custom paint jobs, etc have been added to the raffle cars sporting such items, correct? Who's to say that ASC doesn't declare the value of the vehicle at $650K, thus making the prize undesirable to win due to the exhorbitant taxes on it.

I think it's only reasonable to expect that if there is a raffle for this car that the value of the prize be announced when tickets go on sale.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bob, thanks for the answer.

I think it's only reasonable to expect that if there is a raffle for this car that the value of the prize be announced when tickets go on sale.

Agreed and the winner should also receive a written, bullet proof ( from an IRS examination point of view ) appraisal backing up that value. Note that even with an appraisal if the winner flips the car for an amount materially higher than the stated value immediately after the win, the winner would have a hard time sustaining the lower value as the amount of income received.

Vipermann

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well, if you are bored then don't buy any raffle tickets if this for the '06 ASC Diamondback Viper...just gives me more opportunities to win the car.

Ok, I've been called out now ... the truth is, I love my '05 Mamba, I made a big investment to buy it, I plan to keep it for quite a while (it only has 8,200 miles), and I mostly come to this website to share in ways to enhance it or enjoy it more ... I'm not terribly interested in offers to buy/win another new Viper at this time (and I had absolutely no interest in the last Ram truck -- even in Texas) ... thus, :rolleyes: yawn ... to each his own, but the suspense build-up isn't doing much for me ... but hey, if someone want's a new Viper, then this offer may be just the ticket (pun)

OP
OP
B

bigmike32172

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Ok, I've been called out now ... the truth is, I love my '05 Mamba, I made a big investment to buy it, I plan to keep it for quite a while (it only has 8,200 miles), and I mostly come to this website to share in ways to enhance it or enjoy it more ... I'm not terribly interested in offers to buy/win another new Viper at this time (and I had absolutely no interest in the last Ram truck -- even in Texas) ... thus, :rolleyes: yawn ... to each his own, but the suspense build-up isn't doing much for me ... but hey, if someone want's a new Viper, then this offer may be just the ticket (pun)

Well that *****! They just informed a few of us on here that you were picked as the winner of this car, but I will let them know that youre not interested. LMAO! J/K! :bonker:

NHL2133

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is confirmed, get your check books out people! :2tu:

And yes, it could be all yours...

wicked7.jpg

Stay tuned for the details (and full pictures) coming up February 15th!

(and man, you guys are GOOD! )

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
With that said, I hope that an arm's length value by an
independent, reputable appraiser is placed on the vehicle if it
is the subject of a raffle.

Lets not forget that the IRS has its own ideas of value. Remember
the home run record ball in baseball a few years back. I think it
was McGuire and he was expected to break the record in the next
game. The IRS came forth REAL quick and said whoever caught the
ball would owe $250,000 in taxes on it or some junk. All you need
is some IRS accountant reading an article about the value of prototype
vehicles to make your life a living hell. There is no way that's a
$100,000 car.

My only hope is that will scare the rest of you into not playing this
raffle and waiting for something like a 1-of-1 pink SRTV.

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What an awesome raffle that I can't afford to buy into. Winning the thing would make me go broke!

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All I can say is WOW. What an awesome opportunity to own a car - a true one of a kind car. What are these old one off show cars going for at Barrett-Jackson these days - holy cow. THis car would have been destined for either a museum or a crusher - but now - it can be in a VCA members garage - that is way cool.

THANKS!

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's the 15th. OK Y2K5SRT , LET HAVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Will have it posted this afternoon or early this evening. Just wrapping up a couple minor details as I type this...

Well worth the wait I can assure you!

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's the 15th. OK Y2K5SRT , LET HAVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Will have it posted this afternoon or early this evening. Just wrapping up a couple minor details as I type this...

Well worth the wait I can assure you!

I hope one of those details is a rock solid appraisal that the winner can rely upon for tax purposes. This will be the best raffle yet. Count me in if the appraisal is done.

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stated ARV for the Michigan raffle license: $120K. Sorry Bonkers, this one will sell out in record time. :2tu:

Lets clear this up, are you saying that as far as the feds are concerned it's value is $120,000?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth