SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES

BigsViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I sent ASC 3 emails and left 2 messages inquiring if and when this car would go for sale....and got no response

Likely they were busy googling the usage of g-d when respectfully addressing various religions, including Viper owners. :cool:

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And while there is NOTHING that will guarantee any warranty on this vehicle from ASC or the VCA, I did sneak a peek at DC record for this car and it shows it went into service on December 15, 2005 and the warranty good through that same date in 2008. Mind you, the servicing dealership may have other ideas...

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Mind you, the servicing dealership may have other ideas...

What about Tator? If it has a warranty and the Wiz is willing to
work on it I think that solves 99% of the issues for us up in
the Northeast.

NoRice

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Mind you, the servicing dealership may have other ideas...

What about Tator? If it has a warranty and the Wiz is willing to
work on it I think that solves 99% of the issues for us up in
the Northeast.

What! You have issues about winning this car and it NOT coming with a warranty? Who gives a rats *** if this car has a warranty or not? Does that mean you will not be buying any raffle tickets because there is not warranty? Its not like anyone who wins this car on this board will be driving it anyways, so there really is no reason to be concerned. I will however be driving the [*****] out of this car if I win it! I guarantee it would have at least 10k miles on it in the first year and would be a hell of a track car. :laugh:

Vipergtsbob

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
OK VCA NATION, Have we beaten up the poor Diamondback enough (let alone our poor Chris)? NOW, may I put a cherry on this thread?

TOO ALL

The VCA would MUCH APPRECIATE YOUR GENEROUSLY BUYING AS MANY TICKETS AS YOUR CIRCUMSTANCES ALLOW. THE CAN BE NO DOUBT THAT THIS IS A VERY VERY SPECIAL ONE OFF VIPER THAT WILL NOT EVER BE DUPLICATED BY ASC. HOW MANY OF US WILL EVER OWN ANYTHING WITH A GENUINE MCLAREN LABEL OTHER THAN MAYBE A T SHIRT OR MODEL?

THIS OFFERING WILL LITERALLY ONLY BE FOR MARCH AND APRIL. WE NEED A GREAT LAUNCH AND AS MANY QUICK RESPONSES AS CAN BE ACHIEVED in the narrow 2 month window. HELP YOUR VCA AND WE CAN'T WAIT TO MAKE THE CALL TO THE WINNER ON THIS ONE!!!!

GOOD LUCK TO ALL

BOB CARROLL

BB Racin 77

Viper Owner
Reaction score
This car was for sale before the announcement and no one jumped on it?????? I find that a little hard to believe. Was it one of those secret; only a few people know is for sale type of offerings?

I sent ASC 3 emails and left 2 messages inquiring if and when this car would go for sale....and got no response
My polite guess is that you didn't try them since October, as that is when they first started contacting the various ownership groups and forums to sell their show cars:

http://www.ssrfanatic.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14422

The GTO Stinger failed to sell at all and finally went to an employee auction two weeks ago. Too bad, as it was a pretty cool car:

http://www.seriouswheels.com/cars/top-2005-ASC-Stinger.htm

Murcielago orange too...

My last email to them was in December...

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Abercrombie S. Crystalball (ASC) is a member of Biologists Against Licensing Showcar Air Conditioning and has rigged the A/C button to give a mild and unpleasant shock when depressed.

B.A.L.S.A.C. :nana:

OP
OP
B

bigmike32172

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well seeing no one wants this non-fixable, ugly car, I will be forced to accept it. I will hang my head in shame while I am driving it, but all you guys remember, I am doing this for the good of the VCA!

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just an FYI Here is an ex-show car that had cost almost $800,000 to produce, yet is expected to sell for less than $50k at auction. All those developmental dollars seem to go right up in smoke(tire smoke that is ;) )

Former MG Show Car on the Block

This MG prototype X-Power SV will be auctioned by Coys during their February 27 auction in London.
English auction house Coys will be brokering a very special MG during their February 27 auction in London; the car is known by the internal code name XP3, and is a prototype X-Power SV that was built by Dove Engineering on behalf of MG Sports and Racing at a cost of 400,000Pounds. This gunmetal gray over gray and orange car was on the MG stand at the 2002 Birmingham Motor Show, as well as being featured in all of the X-Power marketing campaigns and the MG SV video. According to the auction house, the car has been significantly upgraded to meet U.K. Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency and Single Vehicle Approval certification, and will be sold with a MoT. It is said to be in very good condition, with the carbon fiber body, leather interior and 4.6-liter, 320hp aluminum V-8 in excellent order; it is expected to sell for roughly 22-26,000Pounds.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There were actually numerous prototypes made of that car and at least four of them for sale simultaneously:

Wyles Hardy & Company Sales Catalogue

Look at lot #709 and the cars all around it. Not to mention it's British. ;)

(and yes, I LOVE my fellow Brits and their cars - they just don't bring out the Barrett-Jackson lust like so many other domestic makes...)

NoRice

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I guess it would ruin it and paint all the white to Slate and polish the wheels. You guy better hope I don't win.

That is not a bad idea. Would love to see that.

I would finish painting the car white and get rid of all that ugly blue/orange pinstriping. The only thing I would probably leave as is, is the whole in the hood and the stacks and make a sunny day driver. Lower that thing, throw some 19/20's on it and it would look better. :laugh: