Which Deltran battery Tender for viper battery?

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I start mine every 2-3 weeks over winter but guess thats not enough. My battery bought the farm. Is the Deltran 12v battery tender Jr good enough or do you have to go with the Battery tender plus unit for viper batteries?

IF YOUR BATTERY IS TOTALLY DEAD, NEITHER ONE WILL WORK. They MUST have some 'trigger voltage' in the battery to que the charging to begin.

The Jr model does NOT have the 'comforting' monitoring coded lights of the better $49 PLUS ( FROM PARTSRACK THANKS, And Ill toss in a freebee)

I like the PLUS because the coded flashing lights tell you what is going on....you can test it by simply opening a door or hatch glass...just that small draw activites the charge.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Agree with JonB...go for the Battery Tender Plus...they are great little units...and VERY reliable with a known, longterm track record!!

OP
OP
N

Need4Speed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My battery is a year and a half old, just recharged it and its fine but want to through a tender on it now. I'll probably go with the tender plus but was curious if a tender Jr would work just as well even though it does not have the visual LED stuff?

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Didn't intend to duck the question...but since I do not have the Deltran Jr., I cannot comment on it's use and or reliability. I know that it only supplies 0.75 amps vs. the 1.25 amps of the Plus...but that should not really effect your situation.

I can tell you that I have used the Plus for many years...currently have six units on our six Vipers...and they continue to work flawlessly.

In the end, you need to choose whatever appeals to YOU.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62