Knock, knock...New England / NYCT VCA Kart Racing Event @ F1 Boston

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kart Racing at F1 Boston Sunday March 18th, 2007 :cool:

On Sunday March 18th the NEVCA will be meeting for a day of Kart Racing at F1 Boston. If you have never done a Kart Racing Event I encourage you to attend, It's a blast. You can visit F1 Boston's website here http://www.f1boston.com/ for driving directions.

You should plan to arrive at F1 Boston at 12:45 in the afternoon for a 1pm tech session. For now we have reserved the track from 2pm-3pm. Based on sign up and track availability we may choose to extent our race time. For 20 people we will race for 1 hour / 30 people 1.5 hours / 40 people 2 full hours of racing. Last year we had 39 people participate and we had the track for 2 hours. The NYCT VCA has informed me that they will again challenge us to a friendly competition. Please feel free to invite your friends to participate (especially if they can make a go-kart go fast). We would like to hand the NYCT VCA their hat, and send them home... with their tails between their legs. :buttkick:

The cost for your Kart Racing is $80.00. This includes use of their Kart, Helmet, Suit, and the pre-race tech session. It is required that all drivers be 18 years of age and posses a valid drivers license. No open toed shoes are allowed to be worn while racing. I need the names of all drivers 7 days before this event.

F1 Boston requires that we pre-pay for our track time, so you must pre-pay when you sign up. The NEVCA has a Paypal Account that can take your payment. Go to www.paypal.com log in and send your payment to [email protected] . If you don't have a registered paypal account follow their directions and sign up, it's easy to set up an account. If you are unable to use Paypal please contact me [email protected] or call Jeff Torrey @ 603-234-8898.

When you register please include your name and the name of your guest, if you will be bringing another driver.

Let me know ASAP if you will be attending, so that we can make special arrangements with F1 Boston. Please plan to arrive early if you want to eat lunch before the tech session (not recommended for New England Members, highly encouraged for NYCT participants :bonker: ). Members are welcome to stay after the racing for refreshments :nana: .

See you at the track :2tu: - Jeff Torrey / President NEVCA

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
cup_1.jpg

[/QUOTE]

I am feeding ALL of the NY/CT members "deviled eggs"!!

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Spoke to Dana, should be able to make this one afterall. Made a few changes in our schedule. Afterall, why not spend my birthday with the VCA!! :buttkick:

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What the weight limit on these karts? I had a festively plump holiday/winter season :D . If these things can handle 280 pounds I'm there. :D

- Tony

OP
OP
J

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tony- I think the Kart can handle it, but you will be uncomfortable because they are small. Your knees will be in your chest... and the driving suits run small too.

Power to weight ratio plays a big part in Kart Racing.

V 10 MAFIA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Spoke to Dana, should be able to make this one afterall. Made a few changes in our schedule. Afterall, why not spend my birthday with the VCA!! :buttkick:

EXACTLY!!!!!!!! :2tu: :2tu: :2tu:

Jerry Colpitts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Jeff //// Do we have to let the NY/CT guys win again this year too. So they all don't start crying like a bunch of BABIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Or can we beat the living tar out of them, take away there deviled eggs, and send them home BALLING there eyes out. Let Me Know!!!!!!!!!!! :buttkick: :2tu:

OP
OP
J

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jerry- I say we pull out all the stops. Lets do some networking and find a few pro 18 year old Kart Racers from New England. We can order up a few x-tra small NEW ENGLAND VIPER CLUB (man that looks sweet in bold print) t-shirts and put them in a Kart. Let 'em go Bannanas :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :2tu:

Iiiii love NY :bonker: (never said I could sing)

OP
OP
J

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All kidding aside this was a real fun time last year. The NYCT guys did come out on top but I think I had more fun than anybody. So if your interested in participating let me know here or send me an e-mail [email protected]

F1 Boston wants the money (down payment) by wednesday. So I at least need a comittment from you guys before I put any money down. If not then I will have to forfeit our track time and we will probably do an arrive and drive. Only thing with that is the time is also open to the public.

OP
OP
J

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
New England-

Jerry C
Frank A + 1
Reno
Shawn R
Errol F + 1
Jeff T
Glenn C + 1
Dave C
Rick D + 1

NYCT-

Chuck T
Charlie T

OP
OP
J

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
New England-

Mark H + 1
Frank A + 1
Reno
Shawn R
Errol F + 1
Jeff T
Glenn C + 1
Dave C
Rick D + 2
Greg G

NYCT-

Chuck T
Charlie T
Kyle J

OP
OP
J

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
New England-

Mark H + 1
Frank A + 1
Reno
Shawn R
Errol F + 1
Jeff T
Glenn C + 1
Dave C
Rick D + 2
Greg G
Steve C

NYCT-

Chuck T
Charlie T
Kyle J

* Ok that's twenty people so I'll call F1 to make the final arrangements. Looking forward to it!

OP
OP
J

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
New England-

Mark H + 1
Frank A
Reno
Shawn R
Errol F + 1
Jeff T
Glenn C + 1
Dave C
Rick D + 2
Greg G
Steve C
Tim C

NYCT-

Chuck T
Charlie T
Kyle J
Keith JP

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jeff:

I have three friends that want to come. 2 guys and one of thier sons.

Questions:

Only Viper Club guys ?
How much for non-members?
Age minimum ?

Thanks,

PS, I could understand if the NE club wants to keep the NY club down.

Andrew

OP
OP
J

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Andrew- I have no interest in keeping the NY Club down :bonker: . All's fair in love and Kart Racing :buttkick: . Viper Club guys and their guests are welcome. That way when we win, youze guys can't cry foul play. At the same time this is about having fun (as you well know).

We are all subject to the rules of the track, F1 will outline that at the tech session before our track time. :2tu:

Drivers must be 18 years of age and posses a valid drivers license (F1's Policy).

My main concern is for the first 20 people that signed up. One hour of track time is enough for twenty people to get three runs in and then a championship run for the top 10. If everyone shows up then we have 25 and I can ask to extend the track time another 15 minutes (if available). That gets us back up to 3 runs and a championship. Fine with me.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry guys but I am not going to be able to make this one. My brother can not go because he misses the age gap by 1 year and I am going to NJ for my b-day and probably wont be able to wake up to drive all the way to Boston the next day. I did not even notice that the event was in Boston. Too far for me after a B day celebration. ENJOY!

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry guys but I am not going to be able to make this one. My brother can not go because he misses the age gap by 1 year and I am going to NJ for my b-day and probably wont be able to wake up to drive all the way to Boston the next day. I did not even notice that the event was in Boston. Too far for me after a B day celebration. ENJOY!

NO F-EN way your getting out of this one! All you have to do is get to my house because I am driving up, you can sleep on the way! :bonker:

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jeff.

I was going to be diehard NY, but since our club is NY/CT, I guess I have to be nice. NO, you can't. CT belongs to NY.

I'm still on the fence Jeff, waiting to hear from a friend.