Does Anyone Have Bad Casting Marks In There 5 Spoke Wheels?

tims210

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've looked at a few '06 Coupes and have noticed some casting imperfections in the wheels. They were not on the face but the inner edge of the polished spoke. They were definately not surface scratches but rather grooves in the casting that had the texture of dry cracked soil. They were machine polish finished so I'm assuming they came this way from the factory that made them. Has this been a common issue? Do you think Dodge or the wheel manufacturer would make good on swapping them, assuming they are on a new undelivered vehicle?

Newport Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you mean marks like this? I tought they where swirl marks in the clear coat. They wouldn't buff out. They are just not a very good polish job by the factory.

416IMG_2671.JPG

OP
OP
T

tims210

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No, definately not surface swirls. They are grooves. I have a picture but don't know how to post it. If someone can post for me let me know.

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well I had some gouges in my L/F wheel. Another Copperhead on lot had same identical scrapes on L/F wheel. I went ahead and purchased and dealer said they would fix, ive been lazy and never went back. But they said it was probably from strapping down car, when delivered. I dont know, but they were vertical scratches, deep. Mostly on the lip.

The wheels are polished, so it should be easliy repaired. Have the dealer fix them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper