Corsa Help...

vette2viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok...for you out there that have owned just about every exhaust or have at least been around them, please help me here:

With all other factors being equal, what difference in sound would you have on a gen III with the original Corsa (with crossover) and the new Corsa Track? Any significant change...in volume, tone, drone, gurgling, etc?

Thanks...

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the cross over will give it a smoother more rounded out sound. I like the sound better. If you've header a gen II then you will be familiar with the sound. It will also be quieter. You will gain more power by loosing the crossover.

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When i first had the viper i installed the corsa track, i quickly then deleted the cats and added rt cats.. it is simply the best way to go and is not to loud . i roll down the window in the winter just to hear it.. the corsa on my srt 8 jeep is louder imho

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh and while u're at it u might as well do the dc performance flash for a smoother exhaust note

YellowViperSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We should have a sticky about the Corsa... everyday there's a new thread
I was going to say the same. I am shocked with the amount of Corsa threads. There are like 3 or 4 current threads on this! lol

OP
OP
V

vette2viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry to load your system up with Corsa questions, but none of the many posts about Corse had anything to do with my specific question. I could pay to have one install of each, but figured it much easier to ASK those of you that have used both or been around both. My question was very specific about the two types of Corsa on a gen III with all else being equal.

Thanks to those who provided just such answers.

D

DAMN YANKEE

vette2viper...

I wanted to hear what various systems sounded like so I went to a club event and listened to all the Vipers arrive. Then I asked everybody what they had, what they thought, whether they had done cat work, headers, addtitional exhasut work, etc., etc. Even then it was all about what I heard from the OUTSIDE of the car. Then I asked if I could ride IN the cars that I liked the OUTSIDE sound. Then I realized that the inside sound was most important as that is what I would be hearing all day. Then I rode in as many Vipers as I could get into. Then I made the decision....

Guess what? Mine sounded different than any of them. Why? well my own engine set up was different and the S/C (at various pounds with or without w/m) makes all the pipes sound differently.

What can I tell you that will help you. The Track version is LOUDER, much LOUDER, inside and outside than the standard cross version. Hope that helps.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kevsmu4