Will 2004 SRT rims bolt right on to a 1996 GTS?

mrussell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My current rims and tires are showing there age. I'm looking for new rims and tires. Current tires have lots of tread, but they are 6 years old and no longer have traction. I'm at the point now where I consider them dangerous.

I'm considering some 2004 SRT wheels. Will 2004 SRT rims bolt right on to a 1996 GTS?

Any one with balanced Viper wheels and tires for sale please contact me. Tires need to be no more than two years old and have at least 90% tread. Wheels need to be in good shape and balanced.

Clarkston, MI 48346

OP
OP
M

mrussell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fill out the rear wheel???

Are they taller than the ones that came with my 1996. That would change my gear ratio?

snampro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yes they will bolt up, yes its changes the gear ratio (I have the GenIII tire size on my rear), the larger tire look much better, I can't believe others don't do it, speedo cal box costs $145 from Roe.

snampro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
...says the guy with a "turbo caravan"??? [*****] is that? I don't think replacing ugly stock wheels is equivalent to spinners.

my input, stop selling all your cars and move out of Norfolk.

OP
OP
M

mrussell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How much of a gear ratio change is it? 3.07 to what? Should I change my rear-end gear ratio to compensate?

Or maybe I should save some money and get a ROE Super charger to make up for it :)

OP
OP
M

mrussell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I picked some 2004 SRT wheels off Ebay. Came in looking almost mint. Getting them mounted tomorrow.

I will posts pics with them on my 1996 GTS Blue and White when done.

The rear wheel is quite a bit bigger than stock, hopefully they don't rub on the bumps.

Is there anyway to utilize the air pressure sensors with some after market gadget?

RAYSIR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Due to the 18"/19" Front/Rear combo, Do the camber need to be adjusted?
It doesn,t have any effect on the camber at all!!! Having the taller tires in rear will effect the caster on the front but only minor and I wouldn't be concerned at all. And caster isn't a tire wear angle anyway. Weight and ride height, by the springs, affect camber not the height of the tires. :)

RAYSIR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How much of a gear ratio change is it? 3.07 to what? Should I change my rear-end gear ratio to compensate?

Or maybe I should save some money and get a ROE Super charger to make up for it :)
DANG ,,, russel, sell me the wheels, you go back to stock, then no more worries AND look at all the $$$ you save!!!! :bonker:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth