Gen II Floor Mats: More NEWB Questions

jay01m

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi All,

Ok, I've been shopping around for a set of floor mats for my 97 GTS. I've seen a few vendors with deals on embroidered mats that seem pretty good. So far, I see a couple options on Ebay, a Dodge parts site, and Parts Rack.

Just wanted to find out from those of you who bought floor mats recently, where you got them from, what you had embroidered, if at all, and how much they cost?

Thanks for your time.

Jason
97 GTS
91 ZR1

Flash Gordon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've heard good things about: Norcal, Snake-oyl, and Lloyds mats. They look great, but more importantly, they are said to greatly reduce the slippage or migrating of the mat towards the pedals...

CROM

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Do not get the Dodge mats!

I have a set of Snake Oyl mats and they are great. Definitely worth 2x the price of the very overpriced flimsy Dodge ones.

http://www.snakeoylproducts.com/product.php?productid=17750&cat=322&page=1

The factory mats are junk. They slide around too much unless secured down well and deform very easily. Very cheaply made. I bet Chuck would guide you away from the factory mats.

Snake Oyl mats are 160+shipping, according to the site. The Dodge mats are 75 dollars if recall correctly.

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
NorCal Mats are great. A nice alternative to the Snake Oyl mats. The Snake Oyl Tapestry mats are great, but the price is pretty high. If memory serves me, the Norcal mats are less than half and are of very good quality.

Whatever you do, don't buy the factory mats, they are awful.

No matter which way you, Membership has its rewards. VCA Members get discounted pricing at Snake Oyl, NorCal Club and Tators.

Kmrumedy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey...I am receiving my 97 GTS in April. It is totally stock so I will have to replace the mats. So I read this thread with interest.

Then I saw Snake Oyl mats for $159.99!!

$160 bucks for mats??!!

Man....I want to put my feet on them.... not have sex with them!!

Any other less expensive options?

CROM

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The ones from Dodge are 80 dollars, maybe around 55 from Tator. But you might as well put down some cardboard, that will work better. Honestly, nice quality floor mats for any car aren't cheap.

I do not have first hand experience with the NorCal Mats, but many posts give great praise to NorCal products, so I would encourage you to look into them.

:2tu:

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do not get the Dodge mats!

I have a set of Snake Oyl mats and they are great. Definitely worth 2x the price of the very overpriced flimsy Dodge ones.

The factory mats are junk. They slide around too much unless secured down well and deform very easily. Very cheaply made. I bet Chuck would guide you away from the factory mats.

Snake Oyl mats are 160+shipping, according to the site. The Dodge mats are 75 dollars if recall correctly.

Now hold on there Adam! You get what you pay for, right? The factory mats do move around if you don't tie them down! One wire tie on the back of the mat to the floor and the problem is sloved! :nana: Factory mats MSRP $57.00 [less 10% VCA] you can't go wrong if money is importent! The ONLY color combo left from DC is black w/silver logo & congac w/black logo and there aren't many left. Black ones I have in stock.

914-763-3136

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Get your mats from Chuck.Mine are not tied down and they don't move around.Maybe I am more careful than others.$160 for floor mats is getting into the more money than brains territory for something to wipe your feet on.At the end of the season I throw them in a wash tub,add some detergent,scrub with a brush,rinse and let dry.Look brand new for next season. GTS Bruce

CROM

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I will go cower in the corner now :hitfan:

Well, I stand by my opinion :p , and we all know what those are worth. :buttkick: Yes I did not have mine firmly attached to the floor so they wandered all over the place and deformed badly. :curse: :eek: I felt they were poorly made. :nono: I am fairly impressed with my Snake Oyl mats. :nana: I guess I got bent over by the dealer I purchased my first GTS from (I had to buy mats from them when I bought the car and they were over 70 dollars). :rolleyes:

So there you have it. Save 100 bucks and get the stockers that will do just fine if you secure them decently. But, they are fairly crappy in this guys opinion. :bonker:

My Snake Oyl mats were free with the car and I really like them. :headbang:

:usa: :usa:

Man_Car

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm on my second pair of Lloyds mats. I bought them for my first GTS and liked them so much I got them for my second one. I got mine from usspeedonline.com

Hisserman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The SnakeOyl mats are top quality and worth every buck, in my humble opinion.

The NorCal mats are also very good and a good value for the money.

A third high quality choice for mats, one that is not as fancy or as expensive, are the mats offered by Sean Roe.

Check the suppliers and classified links at the top of the page.

Freddog11

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last week I ordered a set of custom embroidered mats, black with a blue logo, from US Speed. $99 for the pair. I got them on my doorstep within a week and they are better than I expected. Great non-slip backing, PERFECT fit, very thick and soft. They had a lot of options as far as carpet and thread colors, and the quality is perfect. They came with the hooks that screw into the floor to attach through the holes and grommets in the floor mats, but the fit is so good I didn't use them. Highly recommended. If you can't find them using a search, let me know and I'll post the site where I ordered them from.

Batboy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just bought the snake-oyl mats in December. The look and feel awesome! They are a little larger than stock and don't fit perfectly, but they haven't moved and come with hooks versus the stock button clip. I can post pics later today.

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am not sure about there Viper mats but I had multiple sets of Lloyds mats for my vette and they would start to show signs of wear by 200 miles and be beat by 2000. I stopped buying them. :evilmad:

apun

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are there any non-embroidered, plain black mats available with the proper hatch release cut out?

Thanks,
Alex

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My Dodge mats have the proper hatch cutout.I marked the area to be cutout with chalk.Took it to an automotive interior upholstery shop.They did the cut out and rebound the mat.Can't tell it was not factory.Guy wanted $8.00 and I said thanks and gave hime a $10. GTS Bruce

apun

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think my car came with the tapestry mats from snake oyl, but like batboy, mine don't seem to fit properly. The hatch cut out I can get done (thanks Bruce), but it seems like the mat is too wide and curls up next to the transmission tunnel. Is this how all the snake oyl tapestry mats fit? I don't have the wrong mats do I? I have a GTS...how are the RT10 mats different?

Thanks,
Alex

apun

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's a pix of the driver's side:

driver_side.jpg

Here's a pix of the passenger's side:

passenger_side.jpg

For both pix, I positioned the mats as far away from the tranny tunnel as I could. Is this how the Snake Oyl tapestry mats are supposed to fit?

Thanks,
Alex

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Get out your chalk.Probably easier to have them cut out,cut down on the sides and rebound all at once rather than buy new ones.Or take the car to the shop and say make them fit right please.They are used to doing entire interiors and this will be no big deal.When its time for a new interior I will definately have some hot rod upholstery shop do it with premium materials. GTS Bruce

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
PS:When you go to the shop I would suggest no shave,white socks,sneaks,jeans,sweat shirt etc.(the way I usualy look).Touch and revel at their workmanship.Better to convey I am an enthusiast that just got the love of my life with all my savings rather than some rich fat baxtard driving a Viper with more money than brains........GTS Bruce

viperdude118

Viper Owner
Reaction score
PS:When you go to the shop I would suggest no shave,white socks,sneaks,jeans,sweat shirt etc.(the way I usualy look).Touch and revel at their workmanship.Better to convey I am an enthusiast that just got the love of my life with all my savings rather than some rich fat baxtard driving a Viper with more money than brains........GTS Bruce

I am always wear old worn jeans and t shirts, it doesn't seem to matter with the viper, I still always get over taxed on any item having to do with the viper.

OP
OP
J

jay01m

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Sooo what are you trying to say Bruce??? ;) jk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth