Borla old style with no cats

96 B&W GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just installed my Borla 2 muffler system(old Style) cat back on my 96. What are you guys using who dont run high flows. Does anyone make a 3" to 2 1/4" reducer ? Do the high flows clamp to the header flex pipe?

JKVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The RT Highflows need to be welded, John B at parts rack can hook you up with all the right parts to connect your flex pipes to the Borla.

I wound up buying the Roe High Flows for my GTS since they matched up size wise to the stock exhaust or any other cat back system designed to connect to the stock cats.

They came with clamps, but leaked exhaust pretty bad so they had to be welded.

I guess what I am saying is you can go with high flows, but need someone to weld them in for the job to be done right.

apun

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The forward section of the muffler on my Borla already has a reducer to 2-1/4" welded on to it...is that how they came or do I have a custom setup?

Alex

CROM

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Mine has 2.5" reducers welded to the cat side of the resonator/muffler. This is how they came new apparently.

KepRght

Enthusiast
Reaction score
im running no cats, had the shop make a pipe to replace the cat location & used some real nice muffler clamps to hold the pipe on.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rmoore8950