MOPAR Madness, Petersburg, VA March 30-April 1

OP
OP
H

HowardBJr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I made it to MOPAR Madness on Saturday and had a great time. The track was open for test and tune most of the day and you could literally make as many passes as you wanted. Bernie Katz, Route 6 Motorsports, was one of the sponsors of the event. He and Brad King, his partner, had a supercharged GTS and an interesting 426 Indy Hemi in a black 2007 Charger at the event. The 426 is an all motor stroked 6.1 Hemi. I believe Brad said it’s about 600 HP and 700 ft-lbs of torque to the wheels and could be used as a daily driver. Brad got the Charger into the 12’s when he raced Bernie’s supercharged GTS however Brad was almost half way down the track before he ever got hooked up. It looked like he was doing a burnout instead of racing Bernie’s Viper. They are going to put some wider tires on the Charger this week. It will be interesting to see if the Viper can keep up with the Charger once they can get all the power to the ground. You should be able to see this Charger at Route 6 Motorsports open house on April 14.

Below are a few pictures of the event.

Here's picture showing about half of the crowd:
1-Crowd.jpg

Bernie Katz looking at a video of one of the passes of his 426 Indy Charger:
2-Bernie_Katz.jpg

Bernie's GTS:
3-GTS.jpg

A lone SRT-10 in a sea of MOPARS:
4-SRT10.jpg

There were at least two Charger Super Bees at the event. Note one is about to made a pass:
5-Test_tune.jpg

I was leading the 426 Indy Hemi Charger too much so you cannot see the problem Brad was having getting it to hook up. When he gets it it hook up you'd better watch out!
6-426Hemi_Charger.jpg

This is Wes Wolf's Virginian. This car was on the Biker Build Off show on the Learning Channel last week. We're planning on a stop by Wes's house on the Richmond Cruise on May 19th to see this and several other of Wes' great collection of cars.
7-Virginian.jpg

Batboy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like a good time Howard. How many Vipers showed up? Sorry, we couldn't make it down, but I was whooped from Friday's fun stuff. If I get a little more heads up next year I will definitely come down for this one.

OP
OP
H

HowardBJr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Bernie and I had the only Vipers.

Hope you can make it to Bernie' open house on April 14th. His shop is a few miles west of Richmond.

Batboy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm planning on it. Chris, Brian and Brian all bought their cars from him. I'm trying to at least guilt them into going.

That's a shame only the two of you were there. This looks like a pretty good event and I think we should provide a better presence.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave