Limited Edition 2008s?

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very simple question....there have been a series of limited edition vipers the past three years(I could be wrong on this one but I do not think there were any in 2003 or 2004). Is Dodge going to come out with one in 2008 or are the eight colors with or without stripes it?

OP
OP
doctorbob

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Obviously, the concept viper with 675h.p. was a demonstration of what one can do on the aftermarket with Mopar parts but I was thinking more like the 50 red and white(yes, I know that color is not an option Chris) VCA coupes produced for Barrett Jackson or the First Editions.

bigmike32172

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Seems like everything is hush hush now with the new Viper.
Dodge had the whole country talking back in January with internet hype, and magazine covers, but then as usual they let the fire die out.
Guess they don't believe in strike while the irons hot theory...
Well we do get to put our hands on the new one this weekend.
I'm still hoping the VCA let's me fly the F-16 at least.

Sleekride

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Check out Buhler Dodge's website at buhlerviper.com; they have the color options for the '08 models already, but nothing on the 675 HP option.

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the Mopar option 675hp will prob be dealer install or an Arrow type option that will almost surely not be from the factory and more than likely be devoid of warranty and emissions compliance

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the Mopar option 675hp will prob be dealer install or an Arrow type option that will almost surely not be from the factory and more than likely be devoid of warranty and emissions compliance

I am also hoping to have the Mopar upgrades installed on my 2008 and agree that it will probably be a dealer installation of parts. I truly hope you are wrong about the parts being non-emissions compliant. Assuming that the Mopar parts consist only of 1) cold air intake, 2) headers (some have stated that the Mopar part is simply a Bellanger set of headers and 3) cat-back exhaust system, would this necessarily create an OBD/emissions issue? My only concern is passing an emissions test at our local DMV; it does not seem like a cold air intake would do anything to affect emissions (similar to a K & N intake system?). On the Parts Rack website I believe they say that the Bellanger headers will not create an OBD issue (is this the same as sayingit is emissions compliant?) and if an exhaust system does not delete or interfere with the cats or oxygen sensors, how would that create an emissions issue?

Again, this is just my wishful thinking that you are wrong about the emisisons issue. If it turns out you are correct, what can be done to drive the car on the street and pass emissions testing?

/Rich

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hopefully if they produce a special edition in this line they will keep it SPECIAL edition and not do what they did in previous years:

- VCA Edition Yellow and then launched Yellow as a color choice
- Mamba Editions were nice but too simple, Should have done more instead of just minor interior changes

Additional Horsepower options, different wheels, Carbon Fibre Interior components, Different Seats, Additional Electronic Components, and other like items would be great for limited editions.

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Just an FYI:

VCA edition vehicles USUALLY were extensively "negotiated" by your VCA National officers, and the negotiation usually focused on weighing out cost factors that are incurred with adding a unique color/features, as ALL of DC's manufactured products must maintain specific durability requirements, and this includes the paint. IF a color was added to the pallet exclusively for a VCA edition (50-200 units), the cost of testing this paint (and the time) would tend to make it prohibitive.

The Yellow roadsters maintain their exclusivity not because of their yellow paint, but because your officers... ahem... "highly suggested" uniqueness by adding the painted "power bulge" and unique wheels.

The same goes true for each and every VCA edition, AND some of the earlier raffle cars as well.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Joe, not bashing the presidents at all. My only question is why not make Limited edition cars like the raffle cars? We see the success of them since they are extensively done and definitely hold value better than many others. For example, a limited edition RT/10 ACR would have been neat or maybe a Limited Edition like the orange SRT, without the snakeskin interior of course. That was a total rework. The only reason I can see is that is probably wouldn't be cost effective for Chrysler but giving $10,000 kickbacks for 2006s wasn't either. Can't be much worse.

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For example, a limited edition RT/10 ACR would have been neat...

They did make a 1 of 1 either steel grey or graphite gray RT/10 ACR with ACR wheels painted black, but I agree that a limited run of some more would have been neat.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
2004 --- White Mamba and Black Mamba were the Limited Editions ( no such thing as a Red Mamba )

The limited Editions in 2008 may be done just by folks ordering the car they way they want them. With the myriad of colors , stripes , wheels, likely interior enhancements, it won't be surprising to see owners with cars that only one or two were ever made. Keep in mind that 2006 saw cars with abysmally low production numbers and they were not special/limited editions in most cases , but years in the future it is hard not to believe a yellow/silver stripe coupe, a Snakeskin Edition ( 7), a red/silver striped Vert with H spokes ( 1 of 1 ), Slate Pearlcoat Coupe ( 14 solid and 14 striped for US production . I personally would like to see the next Edition that was built in small numbers to be something more akin to the ACR of old, but that may just be wishful thinking.

The 675 hp parts will likely only go through MoPar, and I do not believe even then that we will see all that equipment in year one.

Just my humble opinion ,

Bill Pemberton

Vipermann

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Seems like everything is hush hush now with the new Viper.
Dodge had the whole country talking back in January with internet hype, and magazine covers, but then as usual they let the fire die out.
Guess they don't believe in strike while the irons hot theory...

... dealers get mad if they still have '06s to sell ... and they do. The hype will come back when the delaers have sold all of the '06s.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For example, a limited edition RT/10 ACR would have been neat...

They did make a 1 of 1 either steel grey or graphite gray RT/10 ACR with ACR wheels painted black, but I agree that a limited run of some more would have been neat.

Exactly how I feel. If they made say 100 of those and sold them, I think they would have sold really well.

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Keep the feedback coming guys!

SRT is ALWAYS listening!

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
when i ordered my RT's '01 and '02 i would have ordered the ACR package had it been available !! I tried everything i could to just even have the shocks installed(factory)

Catwood

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If SRT is listening then

Bring out a lighter weight, big braked, dry sumped 650+ HP track version that's emissions legal. Skip the ergonomic study on the cup holder(s) as you need to hurry up.

I have my deposit placed for this....get busy!

Sincerly,

Carl

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Keep the feedback coming guys!

SRT is ALWAYS listening!

OK, here's an easy one SRT. Lower the seats 1''or 2''.
It down right dangerous to drive ANY year Viper, if your over 6ft. I'm 6'2'' and even with the 1'' lowering kit I'm still bobbing my head to see the street lights. My 6'4'' nephews could never drive a Viper with a stock seat set-up.
American cars should fit Americans.

It would also help with Helmets.

Thank You for hearing me out :buttkick:

D

DAMN YANKEE

The way they are going...any Viper might be a special edition.

OP
OP
doctorbob

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Joseph...that is an interesting bit of commentary on the prior limited edition cars...what was the logic behind the Barrett Jackson red and whites if the VCA was behind that offering? An ACR version would be nice at 675h.p. and not having to go through the Mopar aftermarket parts process.

Nsane1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I heard it from a good source that DC is purposefully being quiet to help the dealers sell the 06s...

The dates spelled out somewhere here are what they are shooting for BTW...

Honsetly I'll consider myself lucky if I see my car in Jan 08.

RavenFan_94

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I would agree with Nsane. Is there a means to get a total on my 06's remain in dealer inventory? I would venture to guess that the dealer network is a little less than pleased to sell a car for $10 - 15k under sticker.

cobrapilot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A dealer just offered me an 06 coupe with stipes and 12 miles for $69,991. I really don't need 3 new Vipers do I ?????

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would agree with Nsane. Is there a means to get a total on my 06's remain in dealer inventory? I would venture to guess that the dealer network is a little less than pleased to sell a car for $10 - 15k under sticker.

Yeah, but they've got no problem selling news for $10-15k over sticker. :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kevsmu4