Thank You Damn Yankee - For my "new" valve covers

wastntim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank You Damn Yankee - For my \"new\" valve covers

A few days ago Damn Yankee posted another one of his extremely detailed illustrated guide to refinishing the viper logos on the valve covers. Since I bought my car, I was disappointed with their condition, but didn't think I could do much about them. Thanks to Damn Yankee's post I have revived the logos from the dead and am thrilled with the results. Take a look.

This is how they were when I bought the car.
P1010050.JPG

P1010052.JPG

P10100531.JPG

P3190042.JPG

P3190047.JPG

After following the step by step guide, here are the results:
P1210010.JPG

P1210002.JPG

P1210004.JPG

DY if your in Chicago, shoot me a message, drinks are on me. :2tu:

Edward 96GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Thank You Damn Yankee - For my \"new\" valve covers

a very slick way to polish the letters is to use a womans fingernail emory board. the rubberized ones that can be cut to a length of 1-1.5 inches. they are rigid and approx 1/4 inch thick so gripping it is easy. one end is coarse the other is fine sand. start w/ the coarse side to knock off the corrosion, then the fine side to polish. no way to damage the paint. just use controlled strokes.

D

DAMN YANKEE

Re: Thank You Damn Yankee - For my \"new\" valve covers

Looking good! Fresh as can be, use a light high tech oil...TriFlo or Breakfree and it will last for 6 months as is! When I come to Chicago your on.

Edward, nice tip, as others provided smart solutions as well. Seems we are all a pretty creative group, other good polishing tips in the Illustrated Guides (sign in to see).

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kevsmu4