No Viper Production Yet

Back-In-Black

Viper Owner
Reaction score
As a subscriber to Automotive News, I have been checking weekly to see if any Viper production numbers have been reported and so far the North American production reports look like this:

----------- 1/1/07- ------ 2/1/07- ----- 3/1/07-
----------- 1/31/07 ------ 2/28/07 ----- 3/26/07
Viper -------- 0 ------------- 0 ------------ 0

I know this isn't exactly "news" but it tells me the hunch that the final 08 design still may not have been blessed. Glad I bought the 06 to keep me smiling. I wouldn't have the patience many of the 08 hold-outs have.

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I received an email from a new car manager at a large dealership saying that production of the '08 is scheduled to start in July.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got an email from a dealer manager who says he's RECEIVING the red w/white stripes coupe (thought SRT/DC decided to NOT release the red/white]blue/white, but oh well)....in JUNE '07...Chuck Tator also thought May/June for RELEASE of the vehicles....~juli

NHL2133

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got an email from a dealer manager who says he's RECEIVING the red w/white stripes coupe (thought SRT/DC decided to NOT release the red/white]blue/white, but oh well)....in JUNE '07...Chuck Tator also thought May/June for RELEASE of the vehicles....~juli

There will not be any Red/White coupes. Verts may be a different story though...

Toby

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Great timing...they will hit the showroom just in time to sit all winter. :confused:

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score

There will not be any Red/White coupes. Verts may be a different story though...

What is on the picture of our Viper ID's? And, in the magazines, they show the red/white stripes COUPE....very curious here. If they're a limited release or something? Manager at dealer insists he's getting the red/white striped COUPE not vert...why we are curious :smirk: ~juli~

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
juli - the '08 car for the shows was built as a red/white car and because it is the publicity car for the '08 it was used for all the magazine stories and photos. The photo on the new ID card is one such photo. At the presidents' meeting last January, Dodge was convinced by the VCA to NOT build blue/white and red/white coupes because these two color combos had already been sold as limited editions in the '06 model year.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
juli - the '08 car for the shows was built as a red/white car and because it is the publicity car for the '08 it was used for all the magazine stories and photos. The photo on the new ID card is one such photo. At the presidents' meeting last January, Dodge was convinced by the VCA to NOT build blue/white and red/white coupes because these two color combos had already been sold as limited editions in the '06 model year.

That's what I had figured, then when a dealership manager I contacted said he's getting in the red coupe w/white stripes, it struck me as odd. I've asked him to recheck that data. I had known that SRT had listened to VCA about those being limited editions, so was curious, especially after a dealers' manager tells me he's receiving the coupe red/white. Thanx for your response, it's what I really thought too. ~juli

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Great timing...they will hit the showroom just in time to sit all winter. :confused:

What does that matter?...oh. I see. :)

OP
OP
B

Back-In-Black

Viper Owner
Reaction score
As has been said on other posts, it is possible they are withholding production reports in an effort to protect the dealers as they sell off the last 06's. At the same time, if Tator thinks a May/June delivery and they have NOT produced any yet then they would be hard pressed to build and ship 08's in the next month or two. However, if they have produced some and just aren't releasing the stats, then it is possible Tator is right.

Also, I agree if there is a late summer delivery then they do risk sitting through winter, at least in the northern states. I just find it odd they go heavy on the announcement and create a buzz and fail to take advantage and get the product out while the fire is still burning and summer is on the horizon, not over it. Personally, if they had released the vehicles just after the announcement I would have waited.

One other thing, I read in Automotive News that most potential suitors ( not just GM) of the Chrysler group would NOT be interested in maintaining the production of the Halo vehicles and instead focus on the larger volume profit center vehicles.

This could mean our beloved snakes may become irreplacable collector cars sooner than we might like.

TRAMP 13

Enthusiast
Reaction score
does anybody besides me think that until the problems about the buyout of Chrysler is confirm or not that they wil not start production.

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
does anybody besides me think that until the problems about the buyout of Chrysler is confirm or not that they we not start production.

I think 2007 productions are already in the books and paid for. Major corporations work years in advance.

OP
OP
B

Back-In-Black

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think much like Andrew said, they have already committed to the 08's and are moving along (god knows in what capacity) regardless of what happens with a buyout in the event a buyout does not occur. I know in my business and almost all others, a deal isn't a deal until you show me the money and nobody has ponied up yet. Operations usually must continue as though nothing has changed in the event nothing does. Even if a sale happens, it will most likely take months to sort out the strategy of the new owners.

OP
OP
B

Back-In-Black

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The fact that the news of that offer alone caused Diamler Chrysler's stock to rise to it highest level in 7 years speaks volumes to the very real possibility the Chrysler Group will be sold. Even if management was to want to hold the Chrysler Group, that kind of effect on the stock value will leave them little choice but to bow to the almost inevitable demands large and patient shareholders will put on managment in an effort to maximize shareholder value. Exciting, but also nerve-wracking for current and ?future?Viper owners.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery