Rock Chips

John Abbate

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I own 2004 SRT-10, only 5K miles and both front quarter panels are chiped up pretty bad from rocks ect. Any sugestions to protect after it leaves the body shop with brand new paint? Clear covers or mud flap that looks good? If so who sells them?

dyeguy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are some good posts on the clear bra if you do a search. Many guys have them and have posted pics of them. You will probably want to find a shop in your area to have them installed though as the install is a little tough.

Nowayforya

Enthusiast
Reaction score
John,
Send me a PM and I will send you my contact information. I know where you can get what your looking for. I will also give you some tips on the install.
Hal :2tu:

Paul S Lacey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On my GT2 the rear wheel arches have plastic pieces held in by the wheel arch screws they are taylored to the lip behind the wheel and keep the whole area clean and tidy.

On a white Mamba this area is a real problem would have been nice to have someone bring out metal or plastic shields that would protect it, IMHO the facory should have done this on the light colour SRT's as standard.

Vipermann

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have same problem ... I'm gonna cut & place two rows of 2" wide (black) plastic 'skid tape' on each underside ... I tested the look and I like it ... not very visible, but like nice'n tidy tape-on undercoating.

Vipermann

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Never mind the above post, I'm selling a special/custom 2" wide Viper side-sill underside protection treatment for $249.00 per roll ... $245.00 if we get a group buy of 5 or more ...

texas_venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I installed a clear mask film on the side sills and do not have any rock chips @ 9k miles. Install was not that hard for that peice due to the fact its a straight piece. My dad is actually making kits now for Vipers, so let me know if you are interested in one. He is on this forum as well.

Last edited:

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have found the same problem with my Viper. What I did to help is install the side splitters from Autoform. It completely stopped all rock chips on the side sills and doors. I do like the idea of protection behing the wheels but I have yot to come up with a look that is right for the car.

Nowayforya

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just finished a designed for a pre cut kit for ClearMask. The covers the entire sill area, including the painted area within the wheel wells. I also designed a kit that covers the area behind the back tires or underside of the rear bumper.
The kits may not be listed on the ClearMask web site yet but if you will call and ask for Mike or Jim, they will be glad to help you.
I have been using and installing ClearMask products for well over a year now and find that their kits and the materials used to make the kits are excellent.
I bought my son a Viper last Christmas and he drove it to California from East Texas. He has had no problems with discoloration and no rock chips.
Here is the ClearMask site link if anyone is interested:
http://www.clearmask.com

I will be more than happy to answer any questions anyone may have about installation, etc.
Just send me a PM.

Hal.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62