where to buy paxton supercharger kit?

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ok well it looks like its time to supercharge the beast. where can i get the best price on the paxton kit? the complete polished one not the "tuner" one or whatever that is missing a bunch of junk. thanks in advance

ricky

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
even superchargersonline.com sells the satin setup for 6999. if you just want the kit (and you are going to install it yourself), call ANY local paxton dealer (preferably one who sells mustang stuff) and tell them you are going to buy the kit, and you want to buy it from them. what price will they give you.

all the vendors re-sell the product at a profit. if you find one willing to sell you at cost+10% you are doing good. and since the dealer buy price is in the low 6k range, you _should_ be able to find one for 6500... maybe even 6300... but is if all you care about is PRICE.

JD

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ok well it looks like its time to supercharge the beast. where can i get the best price on the paxton kit? the complete polished one not the "tuner" one or whatever that is missing a bunch of junk. thanks in advance

FYI. Woodhouse also sells the kit. Contact Mark Jorgensen. Although you are going to install it yourself, you might want to consider buying the kit from a place that has extensive experience installing it in case you need help. DC,Doug Levin, and Woodhouse appear to have the most experience.

Good luck.

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Although I am waiting on Sean Roe's gen 3 charger, if I were to choose a Paxton it would be Doug Levin first, or DC Motorsports. I called Doug Levin on a Saturday evening for technical advice and although he was on his way to a dinner ball, he stopped and tried to help me w/ a problem...even though I was not a current customer and not buying anything from him. Doug is a great guy and was almost late to his ball trying to assist me. Dan Cragin is also very good, and very honest. Even though he sells only Paxtons, he told me that Sean Roe's twin screw charger would beat a similarly modified Paxton car in the 1/4 mile, even though the Paxton may generate more hp...it occurs later in the rpm curve. Keep in mind that the Roe advantage is in the 1/4 mile only, and says nothing of overall road racing. Dan is also extremely knowledgeable from a technical standpoint. You cannot go wrong w/ either guys set up. Just make sure you dump the run craps and HOLD ON!!

OP
OP
S

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys Im just looking for the best PRICE because a local shop is going to be installing for me. If I needed it installed I would have gone to DC Performance! :)

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys Im just looking for the best PRICE because a local shop is going to be installing for me. If I needed it installed I would have gone to DC Performance! :)

See above! have you tried a local paxton dealer yet? or are you expecting that someone is going to come out on this board and say "I'll give it to you for cost plus 3pts!" not gonna happen... if you are dilligent, though, you can make it happen.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't forget to get the horn remounting kit, otherwise your horn will have it's volume reduced a bunch. (Think it uses a previous generation horn bracket). DC Performance has these for sure.

Lots of little tricks learned by most of the tuners installing these kits to get the best out of them.

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
superchargers4less.com

They're a Paxton dealer, as well as others, gave me a quote of $6300 for the satin kit, polished is about $500 more.

Dave.

Hiss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just got my 2006 Coupe S Charged at DLM. Very satisfied.

Last edited:

Allan88

Enthusiast
Reaction score
superchargers4less.com

They're a Paxton dealer, as well as others, gave me a quote of $6300 for the satin kit, polished is about $500 more.

Dave.

Yes Dave, I got one from superchargers4less 2 weeks ago. $6500 satin mmmmmmm.
+ $50 for shipping to Ft, Lauderdale FL.
Can´t wait to get the blower spinning.

Anything I should now before installing the kit?

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats!!! Those guys have the best prices I've ever found, the bang for buck at that price is awesome, some folks pend that much on headers & exhaust mods.

My only recommendation is one that I would do when/if I do this kit, as I would instal myself but take the car gently to a dyno tune with wideband to tune the A/F ratio / FMU & go safe with it. There's a ton of hp with this setup, personally I'd rather give 20rwhp for a safer tune.

Good luck & please post progress,

Dave

stopltracr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wow! I hate to pull up a dead thread but I just got quotes from superchargersonline and supercharger4less for the satin Paxton kit and it has gone up to $7450 now.

Reaction score
That's because that is what the kit was always worth, list was $8995 they were just giving them away before, still offering very little help after the sale though I'd bet.

stopltracr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That's because that is what the kit was always worth, list was $8995 they were just giving them away before, still offering very little help after the sale though I'd bet.

I see...

I heard that a guy from my town of Wichita just got a Gen II back from having a Paxton installed at Woodhouse. What does a kit + installation run from you guys, PM me if you prefer.

Axtellboy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I see...

I heard that a guy from my town of Wichita just got a Gen II back from having a Paxton installed at Woodhouse. What does a kit + installation run from you guys, PM me if you prefer.

That would be me. Mark and crew did a great job of Paxton-izing my GTS (I got it back last Wednesday, and have put about 200 miles on it). As others have noted in this thread, I think it's important to have an experienced shop do the installation. We also had DC Performance do a flash on the PCM. I hope to see you at our next Wichita-area gathering (see the thread in the KC Region section).

Reaction score
Our installed Paxton pricing is no secret, $10,895 for everything and dyno checking A/F. I can also make deals on the shipping if you are not close by to offset the cost a bit (our current shipping though is probably the lowest anywhere and actually we lose on most trips with the fuel as high as $4.15/gal.). If you are doing multiple things there is always added bonuses.

stopltracr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That would be me. Mark and crew did a great job of Paxton-izing my GTS (I got it back last Wednesday, and have put about 200 miles on it). As others have noted in this thread, I think it's important to have an experienced shop do the installation. We also had DC Performance do a flash on the PCM. I hope to see you at our next Wichita-area gathering (see the thread in the KC Region section).

I'm definitely going to be at the next gathering. How often do you guys get together?

Reaction score
Actually the install is just under $3K with the oil, filter, dyno time and hauling it in an enclosed trailer to and from the dyno so the car is not in danger. We also stand behind ALL our work and if needed come and get the car from wherever is needed to repair it. All this cost money to be able to promise things and deliver. I could cut the cost way down and tell you you were on your own but I don't.

Also if there are every warranty issues I can usually help there also which most people cannot say. Bottom line is I believe we sell a valuable service and products for a fair price in order to be here for you in the end, nuf said.

Thanks for your support over the years I really do enjoy working with the Viper community.

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually the install is just under $3K with the oil, filter, dyno time and hauling it in an enclosed trailer to and from the dyno so the car is not in danger. We also stand behind ALL our work and if needed come and get the car from wherever is needed to repair it.
No doubt the work is exemplary. That is one of the nice things about the Viper world, there are some tuners with impeccable reputations: your operation, Messrs. Cragin, Roe, Macedo, Levin, Heffner etc.

But - that said - there is a lot of room for a home tech to save himself some $$$ (I'm thinking about it myself! :D)

Axtellboy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm definitely going to be at the next gathering. How often do you guys get together?

The "f-chat" group gets together about every month or so (watch the f-chat.com Wichita thread for details). In addition, we usually have at least one Viper (and sometimes several) at the Friday evening shows (last year those events were at Backyard Burger; this year they're at Big's at Central and Ridge, and I hope they take off OK; see details in the Wichita thread on the KC Region section here). We often don't post anything in advance about the Friday shows.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1id only call DLM or woodhouse. having THEM do the install and TUNE is definitely worth it....trust me on this..lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth