Thread: New Forum Suggestions & Bug List

Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    VCA Member
    Midwest
    Former National President

Default Re: New Forum Suggestions & Bug List

Guys -

Got your suggestions and have passed them to our programmer. Can't guarantee any will be implemented immediately, but he is very, very good about working with our requests. Will keep you posted...

Chris

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by V10SpeedLuvr View Post
    Make it like the old board where we could expand avatars by clicking on them and add links to user's galleries under their screenname
    +1

Chris,
    When you click on a username, a drop down menu appears, and gives you the choice of PM'ing, viewing public profile, etc, but if you move the cursor off of the persons' username, and down over the shaded menu area, the menu vanishes. Then if you put your cursor over their name again, the dropdown menu does not appear again until you refresh the page. Kinda makes it hard to PM anyone that way...

Is i my computer alone thats doing this, or has anyone else noticed it too?

Viper Owner

I had the same problem

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by 93VIPERBOY View Post
    I had the same problem
    Thanks, I was wondering if it was just some setting on my computer dealing with scripts or something.....Must be the site software.

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Vic View Post
    Thanks, I was wondering if it was just some setting on my computer dealing with scripts or something.....Must be the site software.
    I wrote to Chris/Y2K about that problem Friday, I believe...waiting to hear back...I experience the same thing...can't PM someone if they're already in your PM file, you click on the username, the menu appears, you drop the cursor, the menu disappears...hopefully this will be resolved....also we show 'unread pm messages' (some of us) and we have NO unread messages...hope one of the moderators can pass this on to the site coordinator...I've also already contacted citysnake (a moderator) who said he could not do anything, but hoped Chris would contact the online site person....we shall see! ~juli
    **Chris is VERY good at getting to these things, just gotta give him time**

Venomiss

Here is the other thread about this in case someone misses it:

http://forums.viperclub.org/vca-memb...pped-up-2.html

Enthusiast

Smile Re: New Forum Suggestions & Bug List

Quote Originally Posted by Venomiss View Post
    Here is the other thread about this in case someone misses it:
    http://forums.viperclub.org/vca-memb...pped-up-2.html
    Yes, but as noted, control+refreshing the pages don't work......thx, Mary! ~juli
    (Hopefully this will get ironed out!)

Enthusiast

I'm having the same problem with the search function. Can't do any searches as the search box is constantly disappearing.

Enthusiast

Same problems abound as last week...pull down menus disappear, only way to PM someone is to look them up in the 'members list', can't pm them from their post; if you change color in your text-you cannot change it back; have unread messages that are read--what to do about them, without deleting ALL pm's? I'm sure the programmer knows about these glitches...but just a bump, they're still here, thx! ~juli

Enthusiast

I cannot get jpegs to upload to my photos!

Viper Owner

Quote Originally Posted by wastntim View Post
    I cannot get jpegs to upload to my photos!
    Are you talking about in the gallery?

ETA: If you're talking about the gallery, the following photos were just uploaded at 3:50 PM eastern

ViperClub Photo Gallery - kcobean Gallery

Viper Owner

In my User CP, I keep getting "subscribed messages". Is there any way (settings) that I can stop subscribing to messages? Secondly is there a way to mass delete the messages that I have unknowingly sibscribed to? One at a time is a long process.

Thanks!
    PBR

OK- Now I found the box wayyyyyy down at the bottom for subscriptions. Do I have to change that on EVERY post?

Viper Owner

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Ronald View Post
    In my User CP, I keep getting "subscribed messages". Is there any way (settings) that I can stop subscribing to messages? Secondly is there a way to mass delete the messages that I have unknowingly sibscribed to? One at a time is a long process.

Thanks!
    PBR

OK- Now I found the box wayyyyyy down at the bottom for subscriptions. Do I have to change that on EVERY post?
    You mean subscribed threads, right? If so go into "edit options"...there is a box to change your subscription settings.

Viper Owner

Quote Originally Posted by kcobean View Post
    You mean subscribed threads, right? If so go into "edit options"...there is a box to change your subscription settings.
    Thanks- found that and got it changed.
    NOW- is there a way to delete the 82 subscribed threads I have in my user CP all at once?

Appreciate the help!
    PBR

Viper Owner

Thanks- found that and got it changed.
    NOW- is there a way to delete the 82 subscribed threads I have in my user CP all at once?

Appreciate the help!
    PBR
    All at once, no, but you can do it in just a couple clicks. Go to "List Subscriptions", and at the top of the list in the blue bar there is a checkbox that will check all of the boxes beneath it. check that box, then at the bottom of the list, click the drop down for "Selected Threads" and choose "Delete Subscription". That'll nuke your subscriptions a full page at a time...you probably only have 3 or 4 pages worth at 82.

Viper Owner

Quote Originally Posted by kcobean View Post
    All at once, no, but you can do it in just a couple clicks. Go to "List Subscriptions", and at the top of the list in the blue bar there is a checkbox that will check all of the boxes beneath it. check that box, then at the bottom of the list, click the drop down for "Selected Threads" and choose "Delete Subscription". That'll nuke your subscriptions a full page at a time...you probably only have 3 or 4 pages worth at 82.
    Thanks- That worked! Is there someplace (help menu) I should be going to figure this stuff out rather than bothering you guys?

Many thanks!
    PBR

Enthusiast

Thanks- That worked! Is there someplace (help menu) I should be going to figure this stuff out rather than bothering you guys?

Many thanks!
    PBR
    No...you old fart! You do that and the people who LIKE to help will have nothing to do!!! LOL!!!

Love to Barb!

Viper Owner

Quote Originally Posted by Y2K5SRT View Post
    Now that we are on the new vBulletin forums, please post here with any bugs you might find, as well as any suggestions for improvements.
    Okay, it's a boring Sunday morning (first day of winter, BTW) soooo...

The description under the VCA Members forum says this:

This is a VCA members only forum. Like they say, "Membership has it's benefits". F.A.Q's, member only benefits (forms and discounts), and other great stuff.....

"It's" should not have an apostrophe in this case, either before or after the "s". The way the sentence currently reads is "Membership has it is benefits."

The Apostrophe Rule

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Y2K5SRT View Post
    Time Limit on Editing of Posts
    Time limit (in minutes) for editing of messages: 1440. After this time limit only moderators will be able edit or delete the message. 1 day = 1440 minutes.
    I'm trying to keep the Colorado (Utah/Wyoming) Regional Forum updated with event information, but I can't make changes to add additional information as it becomes available...I know that I can add-on posts to provide this additional information, but it would be a lot clearer to edit the original posts.

Example: http://forums.viperclub.org/2691442-post1.html

Is there any way around this, except to burden the moderators to make the changes for me?

Viper Owner

Somehow I have clicked on something that has made all the forums blue and light blue. It has changed the entire page. It doe s not even look like it did. Can someone help me here. I cant find anything to click on to change anything with the format. HELP!!!!! I am writing here because I cant even find the new thread lines. So this is the only way I have of contacting a MODERATor

Viper Owner

Quote Originally Posted by Red Devil View Post
    Somehow I have clicked on something that has made all the forums blue and light blue. It has changed the entire page. It doe s not even look like it did. Can someone help me here. I cant find anything to click on to change anything with the format. HELP!!!!! I am writing here because I cant even find the new thread lines. So this is the only way I have of contacting a MODERATor

Sorry for the mess but IM unable to do much of anything right now. I have a hard time finding anything the way the screen looks. I dont see any delte. Sorry

Viper Owner

Sorry for the mess but IM unable to do much of anything right now. I have a hard time finding anything the way the screen looks. I dont see any delte. Sorry
    sounds like maybe you have 'highlighted' the entire screen...?

if so, you can just click off the screen to clear it.

Viper Owner

Quote Originally Posted by Leslie View Post
    sounds like maybe you have 'highlighted' the entire screen...?

if so, you can just click off the screen to clear it.

NO I cant do that either. I hit something toward the bottom of the screen by mistake. then everything went blue and light blue. I waiting for a moderator to help me. IF you would contact one and let them know Red Devil is having trouble I would appreciate it. I cant even find my screen name to see if I have any PMs from a moderater. They may have to e mail me. Thanks

Enthusiast

You might have clicked onto the mobile format. Try logging out and then log back on.

Viper Owner

A long, long time ago there used to be a little icon next to a thread if I had posted a message in it. I think it was a blue box with a check mark. I haven't seen that in a long time. What happened to that?

I can do a screen capture from another forum and post an example of what I mean if you need it.

Enthusiast

Forum SEARCH does not work right now.

I tried to search ALL forums for GPS and got NOTHING.

Rats.

Venomiss

Quote Originally Posted by Tom and Vipers View Post
    Forum SEARCH does not work right now.

I tried to search ALL forums for GPS and got NOTHING.

Rats.
    That's because it was too short perhaps?

When you have something like GPS be sure and add in an asterisk at the end:

GPS* and it will pull up stuff.

Like this one.
    http://forums.viperclub.org/sneaky-p...their-car.html

Viper Owner

Are the cookies not working for certain threads? Before I log off I always click on the "Mark Forums Read" under the Quick Links drop-down menu. However, when I log back on a few days/weeks/whatever later some of the threads start from the very beginning even if I click on the little icon to go to the first new message.

The thread with the Chicks/Vipers pics always starts all over from the very first thread from 2004. It did not used to be this way.

Still waiting on what happened to the icon that used to appear next to threads that have messages I've posted in.

Enthusiast

<p>
    </p>
    <p>&nbsp;</p>
    <p>&nbsp;</p>
    <p>just saw this. if this happens to anyone, it sounds like YOU ARE IN FIREFLY mode.</p>
    <p>&nbsp;</p>
    <p>go to bottom left hand corner and see the FIREFLY pulldown. click on VIPERCLUB and you will be all set and the screen will go back to white.</p>
    Last edited by pj; 05-13-2010 at 11:07 AM.

Enthusiast

This is definitely not a big deal, but I notice this every time I go to the 'Classifieds'...which is every day.

The 'Welcome to our newest member,' field is never populated. It's been this way for a long long time. I just wanted to point it out...feel free to just remove it from the page...I don't know why this would be anywhere else but the 'Forums' page anyway.

It also doesn't work on the 'Media Gallery' page. I don't know all the pages that it appears on, but my guess would be that it is only working on the 'Forums' page.
    Last edited by LifeIsGood; 01-09-2011 at 09:05 AM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast