New Forum Suggestions & Bug List

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now that we are on the new vBulletin forums, please post here with any bugs you might find, as well as any suggestions for improvements. We already have a decent list going of things we will be improving, but would like to see yours too. Hope you are enjoying these new forums!

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm sure its something I'm doing wrong, but everytime I jump to a different forum, the posts are not listed from newest to oldest. I'm seeing posts from 2003 on the 1st page. How do I correct this? TIA!

Steve 00RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
.....drawing a blank on uploading an Avatar? The media gallery is down from the home VCA site. Is this where there will be a way to upload an Avatar? I also notice the threads don't come up in the order of posting.

Site looks nice--just need to get used to it. Good work!

Thanks---Steve

snampro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
avatar is easy, just go to User CP and upload it directly from your computer, it is stored on the board automatically.

I too cannot get the new posts to display properly without manually clicking "Last Post" to sort them.

I can edit my signature, but I'm limited to 125 characters, which is pretty small. my old one was much larger than that.

Last edited:

snampro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
just noticed another problem, John Hennesy is the newest member, might want to put that on perma-block again.

Purdue_Boiler_Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't find any way to edit signature, and am now classified as enthusiast vs. owner. Are avatars going to be restricted to members only?

Thanks,
Pat

KepRght

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A feature we need is 'Auto size Pictures' makes the HUGE pictures that people post smaller. Forces a size width so that the text in the posts lines up right.

we need this. helps a ton

snampro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just noticed the thread order problem is fixed, working like it should now.

sorry about my signature showing up a thousand times in here, I know you are only supposed to have it in the first post, work happend again.

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
.....drawing a blank on uploading an Avatar? The media gallery is down from the home VCA site. Is this where there will be a way to upload an Avatar? I also notice the threads don't come up in the order of posting.

to download avatars, go to "user cp", then control panel. you will find everything there.

downlaod avatars there and edit the way you see the posts.

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm sure its something I'm doing wrong, but everytime I jump to a different forum, the posts are not listed from newest to oldest. I'm seeing posts from 2003 on the 1st page. How do I correct this? TIA!

chad, go to "user pc", then find your control panel to edit all your settings.

KepRght

Enthusiast
Reaction score
we need a count box when editing signature that shows how many characters are left. as you type the # goes down. i spent about 30 minutes trying to edit my sig only to just delete it completly

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
we need a count box when editing signature that shows how many characters are left. as you type the # goes down. i spent about 30 minutes trying to edit my sig only to just delete it completly

that is a good idea. i also think only 125 characters is not enough. 200/300 would be nice.

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
that is a good idea. i also think only 125 characters is not enough. 200/300 would be nice.
Seriously? If you guys want that much in your signatures we can certainly do that - especially since we killed off the signature pictures. Me, I am kind of a minimalist. Anybody remember the guy here that used to post EVERY single car, boat and even his lawnmower?

Oh yeah, and I am told that even in the user options you can choose not to view signatures at all...

snampro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I personally liked the sig pics, they were small. I just don't understand why people complain about load time for a page, get off dialup and stop complaining.

didn't have them before, so I won't miss them now.

good work on the software change.

A1998

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any ideas or suggestions that can help :confused:

I went to my profile and listed my VIN # in the correpsonding blank. Still not able to post atavar. When I go to CP User and click edit Avatar nothing happens and the green dot stays inside the circle that won't let me modify this.

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any ideas or suggestions that can help :confused:

I went to my profile and listed my VIN # in the correpsonding blank. Still not able to post atavar. When I go to CP User and click edit Avatar nothing happens and the green dot stays inside the circle that won't let me modify this.

I BELIEVE you are not able to download an avatar because you are listed as an enthusiast (under A1998) and not an owner. someone correct me if i am wrong. there appears to be TWO blanks to enter a VIN#. be sure your VIN is in both blanks and see if that helps.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Close, but the reality is that we have decided that we are not going to be adding avatars and signatures for non-VCA Members at this time.

Reaction score
I'm still showing as an owner not a member and when I go to the edit profile under the user CP, the Avatar says do not use an avatar. I cannot get the dot to go away to add my avatar. What should I do?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadlick32