Canada Presents: Chuckanut Drive April 22nd, 2007

Scotty-tnt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:headbang: CHUCKANUT DRIVE - SUNDAY APRIL 22nd:headbang:

Once again Gord Roberts has organized the annual "Chuckanut Drive" Event and lunch in La Conner, Washington.

We will meet as in the past in Bellingham at 10:00 am. A "pay your own" lunch after a leisurely drive down the coast Chuckanut Drive and a possible driving tour through the tulip fields (although there may not be any tulips due to the excessive rain they have had). Final details will be emailed out shortly before the event.

If you plan to attend please email Gord Roberts ASAP so that he can arrange suitable parking and lunch facilities.
Email Gord at [email protected]

C-Note

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is a small car show in Burlington on April 22nd, it may be cool to stop in there for a few on our way south.
I need to know what the schedule looks like for this?:confused:

snnseatl

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know all the specific details, but last year we met Canada in a grocery store parking lot in Bellingham at 10AM. We were free to shop or leave after lunch around 1PM.

OP
OP
S

Scotty-tnt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Greetings Fellow Viper Owners:

Washington will meet in the parking ride at the 160th street exit off I-405 just north of Kirkland @ 8:00AM
Leaving promptly at 8:15AM.

Keep your fingers crossed for good weather next SUNDAY APRIL 22 for our annual CHUCKANUT DRIVE EVENT. Here are some of the details you have been waiting for

Meeting Place: Bellingham Wa. (Food Pavilion & Pharmacy Strip Mall parking lot)

Meeting Time: 10:00 AM or sooner (we will depart promptly at 10:15 for the scenic drive
to LaConner

Directions coming from the South:
-travel North on I-5 towards Bellingham
-take EXIT 250 (sign says Chuckanut Drive...Hwy 11..etc)
-turn left at stop sign at end of exit ramp and head under I-5 Freeway
-go approx 200 yards and turn right into strip mall parking lot (sign says Food Pavilion and Pharmacy)
-Chevron gas station is across the street if you need fuel or pit stop

IMPORTANT NOTES

-lunch will be at Palmers Restaurant on the water in La Conner...across the street from our parking area. The restaurant management has agreed that separate checks will be OK but be clear who is on what check and be patient as we will be hitting them hard all at once. Be aware also that they will be automatically adding the gratutity to each bill so it will be included in the total

-The US Post Office has again agreed to allow us to use their parking lot. However, if it is a nice day and the anticipated number of cars show up, we could have a space problem (it seems this event may be becoming too successful). There may be some space available at Palmers Restaurant but no guarantee. Please note that the priority for parking spaces will be given to the Vipers attending.

-Bring your walkie talkie if you have one. Any questions, contact Gordon at [email protected] and on Event day he can be reached on cell at 778-883-4298. If you haven't already let me know you are thinking of attending...DO IT NOW!!

SEE YOU SUNDAY

Gordon

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

Scotty-tnt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great Event Gord!

:drive:
We had 18 cars in the bunch!
14 Vipers
2 Ford GT40s
1 Ferrari
1 Maseratti

And NO rain! :2tu: The tops were off and the drive was awsome!

Thanks to all that RSVP'd and showed up!