Kwiklift Owners

ASPIRATIONS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Iam thinking of getting a kwiklift and would like to hear some comments (Good&Bad)from anyone here that has one...Also can you advise as to what other features/accs I should get with it..Thanks in advance. Kevin

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am thinking about one as well.. I have heard nothing but good things about them.. The only thing I dont like. Is how you have to raise it with a floor jack. But hey, for $1300 or whatever they are. Not a bad buy..

vegas guy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have one and I love it. I used mine to install my Corsa Track system and worked perfect. I would recommend getting the bridge so you can jack up the front wheels. I brake mine down and park on it when I don't need it. I don't have a high ceiling in my garage so the Kwiklift worked out great. Raising it with the floor jack is easy as the legs will snap into place.

KURT E

Viper Owner
Reaction score
For $1300 it is a good piece of equipment. The lift is set up so that the car is just about right for working underneath on a creeper. We did a major disassembly of an old car on ours last summer. Best tool we bought by far. Also makes oil changes on the Viper (or other low vehicles) easy.

For the money-I would buy again.

Kurt E

HowardBJr

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I have one and love it. I have a 39 Chevy street rod and end up spending time under it keeping it going. The Kwiklift makes oil changes a snap. It also makes it easier to flush the brake lines before taking the Viper to the track.

One slight issue is getting a floor jack that raises the lifting bar high enough to lower to braces. I have a nice lightweight racing jack I bought to change the oil on my Viper because my old floor jack was too high to get under the Viper. When I got my Kwiklift I found that the racing jack wouldn’t go high enough with a single lift to get the braces down. I used wood blocks and made multiple lifts for awhile. This was painful so I broke down and bought a third floor jack from Harbor Freight that has a maximum lift of about 20.5 inches which is enough for a single lift. It however doesn’t go low enough to get under the lifting bar so I have a ½ inch plywood board under the Kwiklift to get it high enough to get the Harbor Freight lift under the lifting bar.

I also bought the ramps to drive up on the Kwiklift. I my judgment, they need to be about twice as wide as they are. Unless you hit them dead on the Kwiklift will slide on the floor as you drive up on it. Some users nail blocks into the floor of their garage to keep the Kwiklift from sliding. I put both of the ramps on one side which doubles the area to drive up on and I made myself a second ramp out of plywood for the other side. By doing this and by having the ½ inch plywood under the Kwiklift I have eliminated the sliding of the lift as I drive up on it. I’m taking my 39 Chevy to the National Street Rod Association event in Knoxville, TN next month and plan on talking to the Kwiklift folks about making their ramps wider. Also they do not power coat the ramps unless you ask for it.

I bought a changing mirror you use on a closet door and mounted it on the wall beside the Kwiklift in order to see the wheels of the car as I drive up on the ramp. This way I don’t need to have my wife to guide me up on the ramp.

I leave one end of the ramp up all the time. You can put both ends of the ramp down and park level however the geometry for the ramps are different and you will need a second set of ramps. I didn’t realize this at first when I looked at the Kwiklift.

The bottom line is that the Kwiklift is great if you have a low garage ceiling and cannot use a four post lift.

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have one and LOVE IT. They are great for detailing, changing the oil and just about anything under the car. It comes with a bridge and bottle jack if you need to remove a wheel. I highly recommend one if you don't have the ceiling height or bucks for a 4 post lift. I also park on mine all the time and it actually makes it easier to get in and out of the car.

Wanted - Graphite or Sapphire GTS w/stripes
--------------------------------------------------------
[email protected]

OP
OP
ASPIRATIONS

ASPIRATIONS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for all the replys!!! It looks like I will get one next month..Now I have to find someone with a pickup truck to get it to my house..:crazy: KC

vegas guy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Make that a big pick-up truck. We used the company truck, a Dodge Dakota and that thing looked like it was going to pull a wheel stand at any second with all the weight. It's heavy so bring a few friends. Enjoy! The guys at Kwiklift were great to deal with!

ZO6KLR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Fo a few extra bucks and room you could go with the Propark 7 from Greg Smith Equipment. I just got mine in and assembled last week and couldn't be happier.

HowardBJr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I also bought the ramps to drive up on the Kwiklift. I my judgment, they need to be about twice as wide as they are. Unless you hit them dead on the Kwiklift will slide on the floor as you drive up on it. Some users nail blocks into the floor of their garage to keep the Kwiklift from sliding. I put both of the ramps on one side which doubles the area to drive up on and I made myself a second ramp out of plywood for the other side. By doing this and by having the ½ inch plywood under the Kwiklift I have eliminated the sliding of the lift as I drive up on it. I’m taking my 39 Chevy to the National Street Rod Association event in Knoxville, TN next month and plan on talking to the Kwiklift folks about making their ramps wider. Also they do not power coat the ramps unless you ask for it.

At the National Street Rod Show in Knoxville I talked with the Kwiklift representative about the size of the width of the ramps. I was having a problem on occasion with the Kwiklift scooting on the garage floor and I attributed it to the narrowness of the ramps. I now believe I was wrong about what was causing the lift to scoot on the floor. It turns out that if you have your foot on the brakes of a rear drive, automatic transmission car as you drive on the ramp it may scoot. The reason for this is that most of your braking comes from the front wheel and when the front wheel is on the ramp and the back wheels are on the ground the front wheels lock up and the ramp scoots. The solution is simple – stop just short of the bottom of the ramp and then take your foot off the brakes and let the car creep up the ramp until the rear wheel start up before braking. I was holding my foot on the brake as I was going up the ramp.

If you don’t have the ceiling height to support a four post lift the Kwiklift is the next best thing. I highly recommend it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper