MY car gong in for tuning on this friday the 13th.

OP
OP
P

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i went this route cause i wanted to. to be honest, if it runs half as good as i think its gonna, im done after the nitrous goes back on in a few months.

then i gotta save some cash and buy another GTS or SRT for the CPE TT treatment.. :)

OP
OP
P

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
lol, you're right, i got a lot of cleaning to do once its tuned and running right..

00SVTdubs

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i went this route cause i wanted to. to be honest, if it runs half as good as i think its gonna, im done after the nitrous goes back on in a few months.

then i gotta save some cash and buy another GTS or SRT for the CPE TT treatment.. :)

I hear you... if everyone went all out from the start, there would be no fun in modding the car... doing upgrades is where the fun is at!

I cant wait to hear what happens tomorrow!:D

Jim Wilson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dang Phil, it's not looking good for Atlanta right now. Hopefully JD will be back up a running in a few days.......

Massive Power Outage in Atlanta

Provided By: The Associated Press
Last Modified: 4/12/2007 1:42:03 PM

ATLANTA (AP) – Most of Atlanta is without power at this time due to a major explosion at one of their main substations. The explosion created a power surge that ripped though the power grid of over 90 percent of Atlanta.

The Atlanta Fire Department and police are being pushed to their limits to keep order.

Investigators are trying to determine the cause of the outage which is estimated to last through the weekend.

(Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

OP
OP
P

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
jim, thank god ya came clean on that...i swear i was about to die...lol

thanx CROM

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well its the 13th here how did you do????????

Well it is here anyway LOL..............

Be carefull when you hit 88mph

OP
OP
P

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
baz, you should be telling me how it went...you're in the future.

JD, you have mail

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
(QUOTE)
baz, you should be telling me how it went...you're in the future.

WOW look at those numbers and that torque figure is awsome...............

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was great until the 2nd to last run. Tuning 13.5 psi over the phone, we'd hit a nice 666.60 tq and some 6xx hp. then the next run, something happened. i don't know what b/c i didn't hear it. something mechanical though. car didn't even rev to 4k and had an issue. Plum's still troubleshooting it. and he's not a happy camper. damn i wish i could be up there.

OP
OP
P

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanx jim...i hope so too.

it definetely sounds like its a valvetrain problem. to me the lifters dont seem to be pumping up enough or holding pressure. the valve springs look to be there in one piece.

we reset the roller rockers on one side and it seemed to help the noise a little. but they are adjusted pretty far down from where i had them and T&D wants them.

today im going back there to do a leakdown test, pull the plugs and see what they look like. drop the pan and hopefully see nothing but clean oil.

im pretty sure it isnt anything i did or the s/c did, i think its just an older engine with a worn part or so. at least i hope thats what it is.

i'll know more later

Flash Gordon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanx jim...i hope so too.

it definetely sounds like its a valvetrain problem. to me the lifters dont seem to be pumping up enough or holding pressure. the valve springs look to be there in one piece.

we reset the roller rockers on one side and it seemed to help the noise a little. but they are adjusted pretty far down from where i had them and T&D wants them.

today im going back there to do a leakdown test, pull the plugs and see what they look like. drop the pan and hopefully see nothing but clean oil.

im pretty sure it isnt anything i did or the s/c did, i think its just an older engine with a worn part or so. at least i hope thats what it is.

i'll know more later

:( Damn, Phil. When I didn't see anything posted by early evening yesterday, I figured something went down. I have my fingers crossed for you.

Guys, I've seen first hand all of the hard work Phil put into his car over the winter. I have a ton of respect for the DIY guys who have the knowledge and time to take on projects like these. This is no basic Paxton kit. I'm certain you and JD will troubleshoot and solve it. :laugh:

OP
OP
P

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
pulled the pan down and found a small piece of what looked like the skirt off the piston. further inspection proved it. same plug was dark and that cylinder was the lowest on a pressure test. its hard to say till the head is off and piston is out but looks like the wrist pin gave out. the bearings looks like normal wear for my miles or better.

i think im gonna go thru the whole motor and freshen it up and replace anything that isnt 100%. it just makes sense and to be honest i was kinda plannig on it for next winter but was gonna do the heads at the same time. probably cant swing the cost of heads so just gonna freshen it up nicely for now.

its the story of my life.... lol

AND does anyone wanna tell my wife how much money im gonna be taking out of the bank this coming week ???

Viper23

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey Phil:

Hopefully everything will go well. Are you gonna use OEM parts or replacing it with stronger after market parts?

I hope you will be doing the work yourself. It is not that bad, I had my friend help me pull the motor and built a crazy NA motor with better parts. If you need any help with the engine rebuild let me know.

Be

BTW, How is your car running Jim? We need to go down there and check it out one day.

OP
OP
P

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Be, im not really sure yet. i'll know soon though as i wanna get this going quickly. money is likely to keep it OEM and im not really looking for a lot more power out of this car to be honest.

i guess all my miles and a couple of them with a bunch of nitrous caught up to me finally. like i said, i knew this was coming but was hoping for next winter.

JD, as long as ya keep answering my questions, i know we'll be talking more...lol..thanx as always !

mike, im pretty sure it will be fine and back together fairly quickly. at least i hope so. i wanna drive it with that s/c on it BAD !!!

Daddy Long Stroke

Enthusiast
Reaction score
AND does anyone wanna tell my wife how much money im gonna be taking out of the bank this coming week ???

Plum, this is a simple mathematic formula me and my friends have used Successfully for many, many years. It has been modified slightly over its lifetime, but the current formula is one that has proven itself to be the least detrimental to your well being over time.......

The formula is:

Actual Cost divided by 10.

So, 10% comes out of the joint account, and 90% comes out of the "Hide the money from the wife account", which can be an actual, real account, or a shoebox somewhere.

hope this helps.

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Plum, this is a simple mathematic formula me and my friends have used Successfully for many, many years. It has been modified slightly over its lifetime, but the current formula is one that has proven itself to be the least detrimental to your well being over time.......

The formula is:

Actual Cost divided by 10.

So, 10% comes out of the joint account, and 90% comes out of the "Hide the money from the wife account", which can be an actual, real account, or a shoebox somewhere.

hope this helps.

so says the single guy...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth