new forum - posting pics in threads

ViperJay

Viper Owner
Reaction score
i have tried and tried. i can get pic addresses that work if you click the link but how do you get them to show in the thread. im using my photo album out of yahoo pictures. is that the problem?

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i have tried and tried. i can get pic addresses that work if you click the link but how do you get them to show in the thread. im using my photo album out of yahoo pictures. is that the problem?

possibly...why don't you post one of the links you get from your yahoo photo album so we can see it. That will help us.

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
here is one from a rivet question i have going
You must be registered for see images

Yep, that's not a valid image URL, so that's your problem. a valid image link will end with the name of the image file itself. Yahoo doesn't want you sharing your pictures outside of your photo album.

There are a number of other photo hosting sites out there, like photobucket, I think is a popular one.

VIPER Magazine

Enthusiast
Reaction score
. . . And as long as your manipulating your digitial photos, don't forget to send them along to VIPER Magazine. We're always looking for input from the VCA.

Send them to [email protected].

Thanks, in advance.

Mark Giannotta
Editor
VIPER Magazine

OP
OP
big-n-italian

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
where is the picture? it makes things ALOT easier if you download your pics into your gallery here, then link from there.

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK I have a question for the people who know!;)

Why can I only post a medium or small pic? If I try to do a large one to really show/describe the detail in the picture I am reffering to, it comes out as a link. Even if I try to add the thingies it still does not come out right.

For example:

Medium:
[img]http://gallery.viperclub.org/data/500/medium/DSC_0184.JPG

Large:

ViperClub Photo Gallery - DSC_0184

Thanks! I am so confused!:confused:

Robert

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you put your mouse over the link for the large picture in your post above, you'll see that it's actually a link to a file called showfull.php with a number after it. That number is just an identifier in the database and the link tells the PHP engine on the web server to go fetch the image identified by that number and send it back to the user, thus it's not an actual link to the image itself and explains why you're not getting a photo.

Any link contained within the IMG tags must end in a photo file name/extension, such as photo1.jpg or photo1.png. Here is the address of the medium sized picture file that worked for you:

http://gallery.viperclub.org/data/500/medium/DSC_0184.JPG

the 'medium' in the link above means that the server either resized the full size image before displaying it, or sent back an already resized version (not sure which). To display the full size file, just remove the text "medium/" from the above so it looks like this:

http://gallery.viperclub.org/data/500/DSC_0184.JPG

Do this, and here's what gets displayed when you wrap it in the IMG tags:

DSC_0184.JPG

Hope that helps!

OK I have a question for the people who know!;)

Why can I only post a medium or small pic? If I try to do a large one to really show/describe the detail in the picture I am reffering to, it comes out as a link. Even if I try to add the thingies it still does not come out right.

For example:

Medium:
[IMG]http://gallery.viperclub.org/data/500/medium/DSC_0184.JPG

Large:

ViperClub Photo Gallery - DSC_0184

Thanks! I am so confused!:confused:

Robert

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
[[media]http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo304/joedud/093.jpg[/media]
Not exactly the success I was looking for, but it's progress. Slow progress.

You're gettin' there! Just remember that pictures residing physically on your computer can only be included as attachments (i.e. they get uploaded to the viperclub web server and stored in a special attachment directory and the forum software includes a link to it in your post.) If you want the image displayed IN your post, it needs to be hosted on a web server somewhere that a web browser can go grab it and display it. Photobucket is great for this (especially since they give you the text to copy/paste into your post to display that image). Our gallery here on viperclub.org is another place you can store images and we also provide you with the text to paste into your post. As a VCA Member, you get unlimited gallery space here...one of the perks of membership.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadlick32